• ...and so much more!
  • VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    My Doggy Door...UPDATE With Pics!!

So I'm sitting in my recliner this morning with my daughter asleep on my lap. My 90lb wuss of a dog is asleep on his bed in another room. I hear the doggy door moving like he is either coming or going. I look over to see what I thought was a cat trying to come in the door, so I threw a Kong toy at the door to scare it off. It walked past my french door on its way away from the doggy door, and it was certainly not a cat. Much to my surprise, it was a GINORMOUS groundhog! WTF is this thing doing in my back yard? More importantly, why is it trying to get in my house?! Now, I'm a country boy at heart even though I live in the city, but I've never had much experience with these things other than through a scope down at the farm. Are they dangerous? Should I 'deal with' it? What to do? Here I thought my doggy door was defective cuz' I certainly did not buy a groundhog door...!

Last edited:

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    Groundhogs can be quite mean if they feel threatened and can not retreat. My suggestion is to take the critter out. I would not want my child to run across one sitting in the middle of the kitchen.:twocents:

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Ive began loading 55gr subsonic (roughly 1000fps) .223 using pistol powder (Titegroup). Its quiet, accurate and heavy enough to stabilize in my AR. Should be perfect for the little sucker!:D:D

Groundhogs can be dangerous when cornered, not to mention a wet, dirty stinking animal like that in your clean kitchen can be recipe for disaster. Shoot it or get a badger :D.

trusite

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2008
    The Break Room
    you should tame it and use it for house defense

groundhog.bmp

JcJ

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Caddyshack_300x298.jpg

In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man, free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case my enemy is a varmint. And a varmint will never quit - ever. They're like the Viet Cong - Varmint Cong. So you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower. And that's all she wrote.

AFA1CY

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    In that Field that is Green
    They can also do massive damage to foundations and floors (tunneling). A friend had problems on his farm with them destroying cement floors in his equipment shed. We took 2800 gal of water and tried to flush them out. All the water went down the hole and nothing came out.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Got him!

Little sucker tried the dog door again! I shutter to think what would have happened if he had goten in the house. Now for the spec's: Walther P22 with 5 1/2" barrel and Gemtech Outback II suppressor using Federal Bulk 36gr HP's. Approximately 20 yards out. 1 shot through the shoulder (while standing on back legs). He flopped a couple times, but in the time it took me to walk that 20 yards he had expired.

attachment.php

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    Actually, if you can find his den, the most efficient way to get rid of a groundhog is running a hose from the exhaust of a gasoline engine that smokes, down into the hole, and then seal it off with dirt. After about 30 minutes, you should notice smoke coming up out of the ground in a couple other places. (groundhogs dens usually have several back doors) After you fill all the back doors you can find,pull the hose, and forget about him.

Dang ,,, posted this after he had already been dispatched ,,, will leave it in case anyone else runs into a burrowing animal and can't shoot it.

trusite

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2008
    The Break Room
    Little sucker tried the dog door again! I shutter to think what would have happened if he had goten in the house. Now for the spec's: Walther P22 with 5 1/2" barrel and Gemtech Outback II suppressor using Federal Bulk 36gr HP's. Approximately 20 yards out. 1 shot through the shoulder (while standing on back legs). He flopped a couple times, but in the time it took me to walk that 20 yards he had expired.

attachment.php

:lmfao: :nopity:

very nice bro.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom