My dad stopped someone breaking into his house.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Great job by your Dad! I like hearing stories like this end well but its still a shame that the story is there to be told in the first place. So got him a new doorknob, right?

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Glad your dad's ok and glad he's capable. We want to move out to the country and we know this is going on. Makes us think about a different kind of security from what we conduct in town.

I hear a generous sprinkling of spent shotgun shells near all the probably entry points can work pretty well. :) This is in addition to convention measures, of course.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Great job by your Dad! I like hearing stories like this end well but its still a shame that the story is there to be told in the first place. So got him a new doorknob, right?

He'd already replaced it by the time he got around to telling me what happened.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Eddie, unfortunately, succumbed to cancer about 2 years ago. He'd been friends with my dad since kindergarten, and Eddie's dad and my granddad had been friends longer than that. I did take Eddie to town once. Once. That's a story for another thread, though. I better check the statute of limitations for a few things in Kentucky first....

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    Your dad sounds like quite the character...lol.
    Sorry he no longer has Eddie.
    We all need those lifelong friends. I have a few from my days in Valpo, a few down here in Indy, and a former employer would I would do anything for at a moments notice, as I'm sure they would me.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Great to hear your Dad is ok and the bad guy is a guest of the Clark County Sheriff. Henryville, man! I grew up northwest of Salem, I'm really worried when I hear this stuff out of Henryville. Someone else hit on being in the country having a whole different set of security concerns, absolutely right! Closest neighbors are a 1/4 mile away is a lot different than 1/4 acre lots.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Here it is. Idiot will do a bit more time and be on the street. He will not pass go, will not get a job and will repeat previous stupid acts landing in jail again. This cycle will repeat until someone gets hurt or killed. The revolving door for meth/crack heads is becoming a point of contention and has to be addressed. Your Dad is SA and capable. What of the person down the street that is still living with head deeply buried in the sand. After a couple of goes these guy's need to be dealt with.....severely. JMHO.

I am glad your Dad is OK. My Father had an incident years ago and was beat up pretty good. Never caught the A$$hat that did it.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Here it is. Idiot will do a bit more time and be on the street. He will not pass go, will not get a job and will repeat previous stupid acts landing in jail again. This cycle will repeat until someone gets hurt or killed. The revolving door for meth/crack heads is becoming a point of contention and has to be addressed. Your Dad is SA and capable. What of the person down the street that is still living with head deeply buried in the sand. After a couple of goes these guy's need to be dealt with.....severely. JMHO.

That pretty well sums it up. Another of my dad's friends is an electrician. His garage is full of copper wiring, and some thieves broke in. Fred thought he was dealing with one, but turned out he was dealing with two. The second guy hit him in the back of the head, knocked him out, and they left him in the snow. He came real close to dying of exposure before his neighbor found him. He'd been out there about 3 hours.

Cozy439

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Milan Center
    Some son of a ***** touches my grill and I WILL shoot them, damn the consequences!

apply purple as you see fit!

Where is there a need for purple? Makes sense in this world. Same goes for my Smoker!

Also, I want to be given noticed when the Eddie story is posted. I may (or may not) have wanted to go with you 2, but I bet I would have fun if I was there.

Last edited:

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Somebody messes with my grill and they are going to have long term quality of life issues.

Where is there a need for purple? Makes sense in this world. Same goes for my Smoker!

Also, I want to be given noticed when the Eddie story is posted. I may (or may not) have wanted to go with you 2, but I bet I would have fun if I was there.
    I see I'm in good company :lmfao: I've got a charbroil grill/smoker, not high dollar, but I love cooking on that thing!

Top Bottom