• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    I hate these kind of threads. I always wondered why people would post personal stuff, I never thought I would. I've replied to some of them but never know what to say, and now that I'm starting one, I still don't know what to say. So it's beyond strange that I find myself posting this.

My Dad passed away this afternoon at 2:30 in St Elizabeth East in Lafayette. Today also happened to be his birthday. He'd suffered a stroke Friday and had a second, much larger one this morning. I, along with my two brothers, my Mom, my wife, daughter, sister-in-law, and a few of the grandchildren, were fortunate enough to be at his side when he passed. I'm thankful he was surrounded by loved ones and, according to the doctors, he was in little to no pain.

He did his duty as a Marine and as a husband, father, grandfather, and great-grandfather. I'm proud to be his son.

Happy Birthday Dad, you'll never be forgotten.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I'm sorry for your loss. He sounds like an honorable man. May he rest in peace. My thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

dans4420

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2012
    Northwest Indiana
    i know not what to say to you at this time either, but i know everyone here would thank your dad for his service to this country you should be proud of him for that!:patriot: obviously he was a great man for you to post this about him on here.

Sorry for your loss.

jrainw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2008
    Morgan county
    I am sorry for your loss.
    Cherish every minute with your families, I came close to death three months ago today when I was seriously injured at work. It made me very aware of my own mortality.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    So sorry to hear of your loss. I believe that a lot of times we post things like this just to get some feelings out. We know that there are people out there who have experienced the same thing and, even though we know better, some part of us hopes that they can offer some words that will make us feel better. There are no words that can help you cope with such a loss. You have my condolences of course. I lost my dad the day after Father's Day in '11. It was a total shock. No one could say anything to make it better or take away the loss but it helped to know that people cared. I like to think that I speak for a lot of people here by saying that I do care and am so sorry to hear this. I wish there was more that I could say but I know from experience the only thing that will help is time. You're so fortunate (and so is he) that you and other family members were able to be there with him. I wish I had that opportunity. It does get better. It will be slow...but it gets better.

moosebag

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    Indiana
    My Sincere Condolences

Praying_zpse1d64c01.jpg

nascarfantoo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Western IN
    Very sorry for your loss. Hearing there were so many family members there at his passing I am sure his memory will live on for many years to come.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Sorry for your loss.

Sounds like you had a outstanding father. Be proud of that, and cherish the good times you had.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I'm terribly sorry for your loss MB. My heart goes out to you and your family. I am thankful for his service to the U.S. My heart broke when I read your post. I'm truly sorry. Take care.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    it took a long, long time for me to finally appreciate my old man. at 65 I realize he doesnt have much left. my condolences. i know its not much as I have only imagined the heartbreak i know i will have.

remember the good times, friend.

Top Bottom