My boys want to build a shack in our woods.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    My kids were creative....they built forts with whatever they could find. Sticks, old tarps from the woodpile, etc. I am pretty sure there are still remnants of these out in the woods along with the steps my son nailed to a tree and a few other things.

He was pretty proud of this. Note his helper and the book in his hand that the cat wanted him to read to it.

It doesn't take much to make kids happy. They spent a lot of hours out there in their forts.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Thank you very much for that link. That brings back memories. :) can't wait to share with the boys.
    Fixed it. I have been gathering links for a friend who wants to learn the basics. She is my age, 50's, and damn near every book or resource I own is now out there online free. I will toss a few others here for you but for kids starting out, hard to beat BSA stuff.

When I was a kid, we never had a survival cat for protection! Funny stuff.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI

Tynimiller

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 20, 2014
    Osceola
    Closing on 21.7 acres here, and I plan on making my own cabin with the structural frame being made of pallets (cheap option to consider). I'll be of course plywood sheeting and tieing all mine together because I will spend nights in it and get a wood stove and such but a basic pallet floor/walls with say a tarp roof would suit your boys good and next to no cost to you.

Love it, keep us posted.

Top Bottom