My boy graduated to a .22 this weekend at Atterbury!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    Congratulations. We are expecting and I can't wait till I can take him/her hunting and shooting.

sticks4walking

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Nobletucky
    My boy is almost 16 now and can out shoot me with my own .45 ( show off ) also a good shot with the AR, 12 Ga. ETC. You are right it will get expensive but I can tell you, WORTH EVERY PENNY! Keep him shootin' and know that someday he will more than likely out shoot you.

LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    Not judging by any means, just curious. Any particular reason you waited so long?

Well, he has had a large selection of the Airsoft guns for probably 3 years, fully automatic, a pistol, a rifle etc..

He has been content with those and then last Christmas, I bought him a nice CO2 Pellet pistol (P23 with laser) and a rifle. Since then, he has proven to be responsible with them so I figure its time to graduate to the real deal.

hunter89

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    That is awesome, you can be sure that he will never forget that first time at the range, I know i still remember the first time my dad took me shooting like it was yesterday and i can't wait till i have my own kids to do the same. And it will get expensive but it is totally worth it you are building memories that will be with both of you forever.

LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    Ah, most people just seem to start much younger, i was only curious. I'm not a father, so me saying what I think is a waste, lol.

No problem, when you have your own you will get a feel for their level of responsibility and comprehension, I'm 51 years old and we had our son when we were turning 40 so I could be a little cautious as well.

I gotta say the P23 CO2 is alot of fun as well, it looks lieka real gun

TS-GPRD8_540.jpg

Top Bottom