• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baldguy637

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Montgomery County
    Been wanting a big single for deer hunting, settled on this. T/C Encore 15" .243 for firearm, and the .50 barrel for ML season. Picked up some 95gr. Hornady SST's from Acme Ammunition at the 1500 to try! Haven't shot it yet, hoping to get out this week! :draw:

Pictured with it is a P229 and NAA Mini for size comparison.

IMG_0801.jpg

G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    Nice group shot. I have a Contender with those same grips. Used to use it to shoot 22 silhouettes, just sitting in the safe most of the time now.

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    Not so much a loophole as much as it is recognizing that a rifle still has some advantages over a "rifle caliber"handgun so they figure it's fair. However true it is, I'll take it. Very nice setup. I was thinking with going .270 this year but the .243 is plenty and would be easier on the meat. Hmmmm....

baldguy637

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Montgomery County
    Not so much a loophole as much as it is recognizing that a rifle still has some advantages over a "rifle caliber"handgun so they figure it's fair. However true it is, I'll take it. Very nice setup. I was thinking with going .270 this year but the .243 is plenty and would be easier on the meat. Hmmmm....

I also was contemplating the .270 and the .308. Ultimately decided on the .243, reason being i already own two .243 rifles. I am in the process of looking for some other handgun barrels, just because i can. ;)

Thanks and good luck on your decision!

mtgmt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    i had a SW .44 with an 8in barrel sold that one but i did keep ,the SW .41 mag with clark custom square barrel, bomar sites and a hair pin trigger that if you breath to hard itll go off!

mt

Last edited:

right2arms

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    beautiful firearm you have there. please let us know what type of accuracy you get at the range, bench rested or otherwise

wahlspyder

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 13, 2010
    I have an Encore (pistol) in .300 WSM. Wouldn't want to shoot it without a rest because it has a very heavy bull barrel and with the rear grip of an Encore, balance sucks. Accuracy is unbelievable as is the recoil. Its about like holding on to a stick of dynamite as it explodes, but WOW what a grin factor! :D

Top Bottom