• ...and so much more!
  • Jaredjosh

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2009
    Indy
    My Best Friend

I still remember the first we met, you seemed so helpless and alone.

I have watched you grow and become one of the family. You positive attitude always so cheery.

Your always there when I come home, your greeting assure me I'm not alone.

You keep me warm when the nights are cold, you can be shy but also bold.

You bring joy to my life just being here, and you protect me without fear.

You seem to know when I'm feeling down, and your always there to help me feel sound.

We sometimes share a meal and you never complain, even though my cooking can be plain.

Without you I wouldn't know what to do, I'll always remember all the adventures we've been through.

Your my best friend to the end, I love you my dear friend.

I know you love me too and it's unconditional, even though our relationship is somewhat non traditional.

Your my dog, my best friend. I will love you till the end.

This is for my dog whom I care so much for and wouldn't know what to do without. She is getting older in age and it pains me to know she someday won't be here. I'm not much of a writer or poem writer for all that matters, but felt compelled to express my feelings for her. Her name is Rocky and is pictured in my avatar.

God Bless, Jaredjosh

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    well put. I have a Golden Retriever who is almost 8 and I can definitely see him slowing down. I have a 2 year old and 4 year old daughters and I'm afraid they might see their father shed a couple of tears when my dog goes.

BSUrugger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 97%
    32   1   0
    Feb 6, 2009
    Behind the reticle
    :crying: Why must you pull on my heartstrings!! That was beautiful. I am a huge dog person and love my pooch so very much. I don't know what I'd do if she were gone. She was abandonded in my apartment lobby last year. She truly has been a blessing.
    2011-04-12_17-29-42_722.jpg

Edit: her name is Roxy and is obsessed with frisbees.

Kitty

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2010
    Whiting
    Wow - that was beautiful! I'm certainly dog-obsessed and I loved it. May I have permission to re-post that on my doggie forum? I think they would love it.

How old is your girl? She lovely.

Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    :crying: Why must you pull on my heartstrings!! That was beautiful. I am a huge dog person and love my pooch so very much. I don't know what I'd do if she were gone. She was abandonded in my apartment lobby last year. She truly has been a blessing.

Edit: her name is Roxy and is obsessed with frisbees.

What are you doing taking pictures of my dog? Mine is obsessed with catching squirrels. :):

layingdown.jpg

Jaredjosh

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2009
    Indy
    Thanks for the positive comments, they are truly appreciated.

Kitty please fee free to post it as you wish. Actually I am surprised that anyone would want to but it make me very happy that you would.

Bsrugger and Dave those are some very nice looking dogs you guys have there. You both must be very proud as I am of mine also.

Anyways thanks again guys and have a great night.

Peace out, Jaredjosh

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Nice post....but now I hate you for making me sentimental! :D

Here's the best dog in the world; her name is Goldie and she was born in 1998 in Lafayette, IN. She's a mutt (Whippet/Terrier mix) and I wouldn't trade her for anything. She was a rescue dog we got in '99 and she's been a joy to our family every day since. She's moved from Indiana to Illinois and back again and has handled the moves like the champ she is. She has a fearsome bark and is a great watch-dog but truth be told, she's a wimp. Even though she misses our daughter off at Purdue, she's happy to have the bed all to herself now. At 14, her health is good and she starts my day, every morning, by greeting me at the bottom of the stairs. I can't imagine a sadder day than when she's not there to greet me, tail-wagging and her ears perked up.

8vxeyt.jpg

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    You poem is very heart warming. It's so nice to hear how much all of you care for your dogs. You can tell a lot about a person's character by how well they treat their pets and their relatives.

I like my dogs more than I like most people. They are always happy to see me and they always let me know they love me. I wish I could find people as loyal as my dogs.

Top Bottom