• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Griffeycom

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Kind of related;

My first time on the shotgun range there was a great experience. I'd never used the token-fed, button activated Skeet/Trap setup before and asked the RO for some help. He came over and talked to my friend and I about the whole process of skeet shooting and even showed off his years of experience. In the end he dropped another coin or two into the machine which after what he used gave us about half a round more than we paid. Ended up learning a lot from him and it was a lot of fun even with the winds as high as they were that day...I think I managed to hit half a dozen that day :p

jrh84

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    Columbus
    +1 on the trap/skeet range guys

I've never shot at the rifle/pistol range before, but I have to agree with the above post that the trap and skeet range guys are great. Mark is always happy to help anyone, especially new shooters. Most of the guys that work there will keep it open for a while after closing time if there are still folks shooting. It might be a shade pricey compared to other places, but you won't find nicer facilities.

sporter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southern, Indiana
    Atterbury is too much money.

I shoot on a weekly basis and factoring in another $20-30 for the range use in addition to the $30-40 I go through in ammo would makes it prohibitively expensive.

Ceraland is $3 for the whole day...

sbatten

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    Somewhere in Shelby Co.
    I have not been back to Atterbury in over 2 years after they raised the fees to a minimum 2 hours and a rate of 7 or 7.50 per hour. When I asked why the fees were so high they said we've had people shooting the posts down range deliberately and the fees help off set that. This really ticked me off because what are the RO's there for. If you see someone doing what he said, make them pay for it not us responsible gun owners.

I'm just sick of this pansy *** society that we will punish everyone instead of the person responsible. Sounds like the idiots that run public schools where if your kid defends themself from a bully they both get kicked out of school for fighting because of the NO TOLERANCE policy.

Thanks for letting me rant, I feel better now!! :-)

Kimber7man

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lawrence
    If you guys get a group together to run down there, I'd be interested in going and meeting some people. Live in Lawrence, work on the south side, and actually have clients in Edinburgh so can slip away "on business"...

Top Bottom