• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Thanks guys. I was a little disappointed in the quality of the upper's finish but then I stopped and told myself it was a fun gun and going to get used a lot so I'm all good now :)

Last edited:

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I got my Spikes magazine and buffer tube spacer last week. Now if I could just decide on a hand guard.:):

The magazine appears to be pretty good quality. I hope it runs well.

2012-02-08_03-06-00_803.jpg

2012-02-08_03-07-02_768.jpg

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Last night I picked up my CMMG 9mm ramped bolt. I put it all together (besides the barrel lol ) and the problems began. The bolt release is awful tight with an empty mag and still kind of tight with a loaded mag. I believe this is due to the mag block bolt hold open piece being added to the mix. I'm hoping this can be adjusted or that it will break in and work more smoothly. Also, one time when I was dry firing the mag fell out when I pulled the trigger. It was a classic lol moment for sure.:): It seems to me that I have to push the mag in too hard for it to catch properly. I'll be troubleshooting this tonight after work.

I decided to go with the Troy/VTAC 7" hand guard and went ahead and ordered it.

STRX-ELI-C7BV-00-2T.jpg

I should get to shoot this thing this weekend or early next week. :cool:

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    That looks great! We need to get it together with my Colt 9mm Carbine and Beta mag and have some fun! :ar15:

Heck yeah! You have a lot of guns I'd like to see and shoot:D

Put that thing on safe especially when there is a mag inserted!!!! :D It looks awesome though!!!!

Thanks

looking good JD, still waiting on the engraver you finish mine.

Thanks

Looks good, let me know if you need somewhere to shoot/test it!:D

I usually go out to your place during the day when you're working...but only when it's dry.:laugh:

Thanks

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I just got home from the range and I couldn't be happier. It ran flawless for 150 rounds. I'm in love.

There are a few things I want to tweak. The mag block came a little loose one time but did not affect shooting. I only noticed it because I was checking things over as I shot. Also, I feel like I have to slam the mag in too hard. It could just be in my head so I may get a second opinion from someone else.

Meister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Greenwood
    I just got home from the range and I couldn't be happier. It ran flawless for 150 rounds. I'm in love.

There are a few things I want to tweak. The mag block came a little loose one time but did not affect shooting. I only noticed it because I was checking things over as I shot. Also, I feel like I have to slam the mag in too hard. It could just be in my head so I may get a second opinion from someone else.

The newer stainless mags can be a little tough to send home, but original Colt mags are a breeze. Here's a pic of my toy. Bushy Registered lower, JP trigger springs, DPMS parts kit, Lightweight stock, Gemtech Talon upper, Rock river mag well block, Rock River BCG (upgrading to spikes soon), Tac latch, Gemtech Trinity supressor, Trijicon Tri Power sight system. It's a lightweight walkabout shorty that's a blast to shoot- without ears on!

attachment.php

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    The newer stainless mags can be a little tough to send home, but original Colt mags are a breeze. Here's a pic of my toy. Bushy Registered lower, JP trigger springs, DPMS parts kit, Lightweight stock, Gemtech Talon upper, Rock river mag well block, Rock River BCG (upgrading to spikes soon), Tac latch, Gemtech Trinity supressor, Trijicon Tri Power sight system. It's a lightweight walkabout shorty that's a blast to shoot- without ears on!

attachment.php

Nice. I'd love to hear that thing!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Larsonboys78
    Top Bottom