• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I put this project off for the last half of 2011 and decided a couple weeks ago it was time to get it going. I want this to be a fun gun that I can use at any range around Indy. I am building it as a pistol first. I will make sure it runs well then submit my paperwork. I plan to suppress this rifle later on this year.

Parts list:
    Delaware Machinery stripped lower
    Spikes Tactical enhanced LPK
    Spikes Tactical pistol buffer tube kit
    Spikes Tactical enhanced 9mm mag block
    Aero Precision 9mm upper
    Spikes Tactical 5" barrel
    Tactical Innovations fake suppressor...for now:D
    Samson or Troy/Vtac 7" free float handguard/rail

Some new things for me will be the ERGO grip and the ambi safety. I've never used either but I'm willing to give them both a shot. I don't have a lot of faith in me liking the ERGO grip so it will probably be in the classifieds:):

Here are the parts I have so far. A few more are on their way.
    2012-01-20_02-53-04_314.jpg

:patriot::ingo:

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I got my lower assembled tonight after work. I had the ERGO grip on for about two minutes before I took it off. I hated it. I put a spare Hogue on for now until I pick up another MOE+. I'm leaving the ambi fire control lever on for now but I can already tell it will take some getting use to.

I think I'll definitely like the Spikes trigger but I don't see the value in the enhanced LPK for me. I will most likely end up only keeping the trigger group, trigger guard and anti-rotation pins in this lower. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone unless the know they want the ambi safety and ERGO grip.

My upper and barrel are on their way :)

2012-01-21_04-35-59_8.jpg

Last edited:

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    Looking good so far, I plan on using spike enhanced kit on my Noveske, however I plan on trading out a few parts here and there. Have you thought of what your sling point option is going to be once you get the stamp back? I do think that tube is pretty cool though with the quick detach in the rear.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Looking good so far, I plan on using spike enhanced kit on my Noveske, however I plan on trading out a few parts here and there. Have you thought of what your sling point option is going to be once you get the stamp back? I do think that tube is pretty cool though with the quick detach in the rear.

I have the Noveske QD backing plate on on my other AR and a CTR stock. I will most likely put them on this build too.

8th SPS USAF

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Hobart , In
    9mm SBR

I have a RRA SBR with a RRA Quad rail and a Douglas match 10.5" bbl.
    I also have a suppressor for it. I put Mag Pul grip/stock on it. It is FT
    with YHM flip up sights. I have a low power scope to try this year.
    I have alot of fun with it. Shoots great. Good luck. Mags are fair priced.
    Conv UZI/C products work in mine.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    whatever Chuck...we should put ours together and have a complete gun :laugh:

I'll have my lower this week, and then I'm gonna send it off to get engraved right away. When I get it back I'll have the rest of the parts to build my complete pistol. Then when I get my stamp back in 6 months I just need a buffer tube and my SBR will be done :rockwoot:

I'm trying to figure out how to get the Noveske KX3 Flash Suppressor to fit though. They don't make it with 1/2x36 threads, only 1/2x28 :noway:

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I'll have my lower this week, and then I'm gonna send it off to get engraved right away. When I get it back I'll have the rest of the parts to build my complete pistol. Then when I get my stamp back in 6 months I just need a buffer tube and my SBR will be done :rockwoot:

I'm trying to figure out how to get the Noveske KX3 Flash Suppressor to fit though. They don't make it with 1/2x36 threads, only 1/2x28 :noway:

Call them and ask for a custom one :)

Meister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Greenwood
    I built mine about 5 years ago, went with the integrally suppressed Raptor Upper by Gem-tech. Super light weight and robust. Used Rock River 9mm parts for the build and it runs flawlessly. It's a great shorty to take on a walkabout.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Larsonboys78
    Top Bottom