My 7year old daughter shot for the first time this weekend!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • k1500

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2013
    West Lafayette
    You are accomplishing more than just introducing her to an enjoyable activity. She is being taught safe handling of firearms. Her safety around guns is magnified extensively now that she understands them and her curiosity is being satisfied in a proper way. If she comes across a gun at someone else's house, she will be highly unlikely to "play" with it.

And best of all, she likely won't turn into a "Mom demanding action" in the future!

If only more people introduced their children properly to the sport of shooting at a young age, we would have a country with many fewer shootings (accidental or homocide)

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    You are accomplishing more than just introducing her to an enjoyable activity. She is being taught safe handling of firearms. Her safety around guns is magnified extensively now that she understands them and her curiosity is being satisfied in a proper way. If she comes across a gun at someone else's house, she will be highly unlikely to "play" with it.

And best of all, she likely won't turn into a "Mom demanding action" in the future!

If only more people introduced their children properly to the sport of shooting at a young age, we would have a country with many fewer shootings (accidental or homocide)

This is a key point of why I'm so excited about it. I still remember the first time dad took me out. He pointed his .22 at a mud bank on a creek in front of us, shot into it, and of course made a big hole in the bank. He told me that is what it would do to a person, and to never point a gun at a person. (Got the 4 rules a bit at a time as I learned to shoot more).

I shot a water bottle to show my daughter, and she had that "wow" look on her face. Once she got behind the rifle and pulled the trigger it started clicking. She was even correcting our 2 year old who was pointing a squirt gun at some people later that night. NO! Don't point guns at people she was screaming!!!

Top Bottom