• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NDhunter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    North Central IN
    If it was mine, I probably wouldn't carry it regularly either. But it IS a gun, and I'm sure he would be happy to look down and see you carrying it. Either way is a win in my book, just from the outside looking in, it is such a nice family heirloom, it would be terrible to see something happen. I still don't think you can go wrong on carrying it or not, just whatever you choose.

But know, there are a lot of people out there who would pay more than $350 for that gun in that shape. Keep it no matter the price you're offered, you'll never get another one.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    $365?

No, I agree with ND. If I had a 1934 in that condition - especially one with the history which yours has - there's no way I'd sell it. But it's certainly worth way more than $350.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Man 'o' man, I wouldn't carry it. That kinda condition. It only takes one time to ding it or whatever and you will be sick.

Have a WWII bring back and when I was younger I shot the firing pin out of it. I was lucky and a 'smith fixed it, now it's in retirement after many well remembered hunting trips by my father then me. By the way the ol'shotgun, 16ga side by side, is almost worn out, but is still beautiful. It has the stock broken and repaired, my understanding, was it had to broken to bring back and it was to big to hide.

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    My dad brought one back too...but he won his in a card game. I would never carry it because of the long
    Reach for the safety which would make me change grip in the middle of a gun fight.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Man 'o' man, I wouldn't carry it. That kinda condition. It only takes one time to ding it or whatever and you will be sick.

Have a WWII bring back and when I was younger I shot the firing pin out of it. I was lucky and a 'smith fixed it, now it's in retirement after many well remembered hunting trips by my father then me. By the way the ol'shotgun, 16ga side by side, is almost worn out, but is still beautiful. It has the stock broken and repaired, my understanding, was it had to broken to bring back and it was to big to hide.

Funny you should mention that, he brought back a darn near, near mint German side by side 16GA as well. Now he did fire this now and again. But it's still very very nice. Just uses those darn 2 1/2 shells.

Relax folks, it's not for sale, and I don't carry much at all really. I do take it out now and again on my Alice web gear.

I just bought a couple spare mags for it from Numrich.

The Luger I have is the one that gives me nightmares about using. LOL That one stays safely in the hiding spot.

7.62asprin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 8, 2012
    Evansville, IN
    borat-very-nice.jpg

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics