• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Okay as promised, here is my other WWII bring back pistol my Grandfather left me. It's a M1934 Italian Beretta that dates to around 1944 I think. It came off a German however.

I stripped this thing down and cleaned and oiled it up. I don't think this thing was fired much at all. bluing is mostly all intact and the bore is super minty with sharp rifling.

This one I intend to use as my carry pistol once my LTCH comes. Maybe you guys will think I am nucking futs for using one so old lol. But I like it.

9MM Corto is 380 ACP, so I need to get some 380 acp for it.

IMG00236.jpg

IMG00237.jpg

IMG00239.jpg
    IMG00238.jpg

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    Very nice. I have a similar one in 32ACP that was brought back by my wife's Grandfather. I understand that high polish blue is somewhat rare on the wartime pistols. Mine is polished and about 90+% condition. They are nice to shoot but tend to eject straight up and back, sometimes hitting your head.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    yup, you're nutz! ;)

A couple of fine handguns you have sir! and nice family heirlooms as well.

thank you for sharing!

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    The Modello 1934 is the classic Beretta. Great little guns. Mine loves to eat Fiocchi FMJ as well as JHP. Small and light enough for pocket carry. Congratualtions! ;)

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Very nice. I have a similar one in 32ACP

Actually, your .32ACP (7.65MM Browning) is a Model 1935. They were made primarily for the Navy and the Air Force, although some went to the police. The 9MM Cortos (Model 1934s) were made for the Army.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I know this is an old thread but I wanted to make an update. I went out and fired the first rounds out of this thing in 60 YEARS! It worked like a charm!

evanrw61

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 13, 2012
    Southport Indiana
    What a great heirloom. I can't get over how good the finish looks for a wartime production piece. Enjoy it, hope you'll have fond memmories of grandpa when you shoot.
    :)

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I don't think it was used very much during the war. I figured out it was made in 1944, and taken out of a pile of captured weapons in 1945. It still had a few burs from when it was made. It's a bit tight and stiff and never was really broken in. I put several mags thru it and only one misfeed.

NDhunter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    North Central IN
    Congratulations on such a beautiful piece of weaponry and history. Not many people are fortunate to have such a tangible piece of family history. There aren't a lot left, and aren't any more coming back. I'd cherish it.

If that German who lost it only knew 60 years later someone would be legally carrying it in America on a daily basis, he might not joined up or deserted pretty quick.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I find myself hoping that it's former German owner made it back to Germany to later help us fend off the Communists. But who knows.

I know my grandfathers unit was involved in the Bulge and ended the war in Czechoslovakia. I think both the pistols might have been picked out of a pile in Czechoslovakia... I remember seeing a book with pictures from my Grandfathers unit, and it had a big acorn on it.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    I find myself hoping that it's former German owner made it back to Germany to later help us fend off the Communists. But who knows.

I know my grandfathers unit was involved in the Bulge and ended the war in Czechoslovakia. I think both the pistols might have been picked out of a pile in Czechoslovakia... I remember seeing a book with pictures from my Grandfathers unit, and it had a big acorn on it.

That's 87th Division attached to Third Army. My father was Third Army (90th Division) and saw D-Day, Metz, and Ardennes (Bulge).

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Here is a pic of my Grandpa somewhere in Italy 1944 carrying his 1934 Beretta in it's original holster. He is the little guy on the right. I have tried identifying his buddies revolver with the ivory grips that he has tucked in his belt but have not had much luck. It looks like it may be an Italian Glisenti.

2006papawww2etc054.jpg

It's your weapon and you obviously can carry it if you want but IMHO it is now 60 years old and has crossed the line into "keepsake for future generations status." Just my :twocents: which adjusted for inflation is now worth about a 1/2 cent. It would be like a guy in 1930 carrying the 1851 Colt Navy his Grandfather carried in the Civil War. Yes it would work, but is that really where it should be? I am not saying I am right. I am just offering my opinion. If I had the Beretta in the pic I posted it would be in the safe to be passed on to the most deserving family member when my time with it is up.

Either way it is a very nice family heirloom and thanks for sharing.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Well I do have a 1918 Luger put up he brought back too. The WWII Italian stuff does not seem to be well prized. Even though mine is super minty it's still only worth $350 bucks or so. They made these well after the war too in the same design until 1991.....

I do keep thinking about a 92FS however.......

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Well I do have a 1918 Luger put up he brought back too. The WWII Italian stuff does not seem to be well prized. Even though mine is super minty it's still only worth $350 bucks or so. They made these well after the war too in the same design until 1991.....

I do keep thinking about a 92FS however.......

If you'd be satisfied with $350 for that 1934, send me an e-mail!

Top Bottom