• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    I thought MCL was over on the west side still, off Liberty, of course I'm not sure of their hours, or are they just banquets etc. now? I don't know how many people that would be there but the Great Wall on N. Walnut has private rooms, just not sure if any of them would be big enough, and if everyone like Kereoke(sp?) But there's two topics here? A 3 Area meet up or a 3C meet up?
    MCL would have been ideal but it's gone, so maybe great wall as they have private room rental or maybe basswood clubhouse I know it's not a restaurant but it's cheap to rent and we would have no nosey neighbors. lets get some more suggestions.

edit: golden corral has that room off to the side.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    There isn't a reason not to have a 3B meeting and a 3C meeting, a 3A meeting or another General Area 3 Meeting. We have had one General Area 3 Meeting and had a pretty good turn out for a meet and greet. Now it's time to turn meetings into a plan with names, areas of expertise, and input on resources and availability :twocents:

I thought MCL was over on the west side still, off Liberty, of course I'm not sure of their hours, or are they just banquets etc. now? I don't know how many people that would be there but the Great Wall on N. Walnut has private rooms, just not sure if any of them would be big enough, and if everyone like Kereoke(sp?) But there's two topics here? A 3 Area meet up or a 3C meet up?

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Sounds like a good place to meet up with folks turnandshoot. It all depends on my work schedule of course. And I doubt I will have my CCW by then so I won't be carrying.... Just need the details of the meet.

Greg

Keep an eye out for the NWI stuff. There aren't many of us but we get together pretty often.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington

MCL is out of business but the were on the westside.

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    Anybody in the Bloomington area a member of AMVETS?
    They have a very nice facility on the west side of Bloomington that would be a perfect gathering place.
    Anybody know anybody connected?

:popcorn:

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    Anybody in the Bloomington area a member of AMVETS?
    They have a very nice facility on the west side of Bloomington that would be a perfect gathering place.
    Anybody know anybody connected?

:popcorn:
    I am not and don't know anybody that is. I still think basswood clubhouse is a viable idea if food isn't the dealbreaker. also it would be nice to have a head count of attendance to tailor that number to the needed space.

infidel

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Area 2, Montgomery county. Very interested and glad to see more like-mided people here. Not sure what I can contribute, but willing to help any way I can. I want to help make this this happen.

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    I haven't seen many posts from anyplace near Grant County, but I can reserve meeting space almost anytime just west of Marion, for 20/30 folks. Newly developing private range is just 5 minutes away, and a nice gun shop about 20 minutes away. :dunno:

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Hey all MSG folks, especially those in AREA 3, we have a member who had a fire take out part of his kitchen and he could use some boots on the ground (especially those with construction skills) to help out. 4Sarge is the man with the plan on this and has started a thread on it with all the pertinent information:

Help wanted for Fire Damage Repair

At the very least, be sure to review the thread and evaluate what you can and cannot offer as help to the cause!

This is EXACTLY what we are here to do in the MSG's so take this seriously and know that what you do now will come back to you one way or another.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom