• Status
    Not open for further replies.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    I'm in Zone 2 (Beech Grove). How about, until we can actually get organized to the point where we get together to discuss things, that we decide on a communication medium. At least we can use the time gathering the needed equipment, so when we do get going, we will be able to at least enact a communications protocol, and we will have time to scour Craigslist/Ebay/whatever to get what we need.

offroadking208

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    im in Area 2 as well. I live in Noblesville, but i'll be bugging out to a farm near Arcadia in a SHTF situation. do we have anything going on as a group as of yet?

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    what preps did you get for Christmas? Post them when you get them....

I got a gigantic plastic tote from big lots for $15 that you could fit bodies in that is being filled up with stuff from a gift card at sams club. mostly stuff like meds and toilet paper as I have been lacking in that dept.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I did get into an interesting conversation at my wifes work the other day. they asked me what I would do in a zombie apocalypse? I thought it weird from these guys being as they lean liberal democrap, but I told them a theoretical plan and then the guy who I'm friends with there says they were asking because his uncle owns an excavating company and he was telling him if the SHTF that he has built a big underground "bunker" and wanted to know if he knew anyone that would be a good addition to bring in to help them. it was kind of surreal like I was reading one of jerry d. youngs stories but kind of flattering at the same time that I would be wanted for that type of thing. anyway yeah that was a rambling but it was a cool little thing that made me think I'm doing stuff right.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    New Thread

I did get into an interesting conversation at my wifes work the other day. they asked me what I would do in a zombie apocalypse? I thought it weird from these guys being as they lean liberal democrap, but I told them a theoretical plan and then the guy who I'm friends with there says they were asking because his uncle owns an excavating company and he was telling him if the SHTF that he has built a big underground "bunker" and wanted to know if he knew anyone that would be a good addition to bring in to help them. it was kind of surreal like I was reading one of jerry d. youngs stories but kind of flattering at the same time that I would be wanted for that type of thing. anyway yeah that was a rambling but it was a cool little thing that made me think I'm doing stuff right.

Hey Tyler, you need to start a "What would you do in a Zombie Apocalypse?" thread.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    I got a gigantic plastic tote from big lots for $15 that you could fit bodies in that is being filled up with stuff from a gift card at sams club. mostly stuff like meds and toilet paper as I have been lacking in that dept.

Don't forget to rotate your stock. All foods and meds are perishable, and will have an expiration date. Replenish them well before that date so that they are still usable and you won't end up wasting your money on things you never get to use. Get some sort of program instituted where you only have to worry about it every so often. Otherwise, since certain types of things all have vastly differing shelf life, you would end up having to dig into it every couple of months.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    Don't forget to rotate your stock. All foods and meds are perishable, and will have an expiration date. Replenish them well before that date so that they are still usable and you won't end up wasting your money on things you never get to use. Get some sort of program instituted where you only have to worry about it every so often. Otherwise, since certain types of things all have vastly differing shelf life, you would end up having to dig into it every couple of months.

we use everything I am stocking so it's not an issue, and FYI sams club has the best prices on benadryl.

DHolder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Mooresville - MSG2 Hub
    I've not done a cost per unit comparison to products at Sams, but, we get a lot of our dry goods, and #10 can stuff at Gordon Food Service. I think we come out better because you don't need a membership, and they only have food, reducing the impulse shopping.

It may be worth the trip to compare, we normally get rice, beans, sugar, pastas, dehydrated hash browns, spices, and drink mixes. Though they have much more, these are STOCK UP items. :patriot: Don

shftn6

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    NW Monroe Co.
    New to the site, but I've been lurking for a couple weeks. I believe I'd be in area 3, Bloomington. Tyler and Longbow, we're probably pretty close to each other! Have I missed anything big, MSG-wise?

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    New to the site, but I've been lurking for a couple weeks. I believe I'd be in area 3, Bloomington. Tyler and Longbow, we're probably pretty close to each other! Have I missed anything big, MSG-wise?

I will post another thread on this, but the MSG3 is now meeting monthly. Additionally, there is an opportunity for a cold weather shoot and/or cold weather camping if there is ample interest. All not far from Btown so you are in the area of activity!

Will post more soon. So keep your eyes open.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Hobart
    I am down for anything... funny thing is though, when SHTF, there will be ranks/leaders/followers etc, that's just the nature of our kind. Survival of the fittest, and those that have trained/prepped for it are better off to start. The book of Eli looks like an End of Days/Survival movie after the SHTF era...

shftn6

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    NW Monroe Co.
    Longbow - Tried to PM ya, but it won't let me until I have 10 posts! Never heard of that one before! Seems to work against those of us who prefer to listen more than we talk! Anyway, I'll try to get my post count up and then contact you.

45Guy

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    I would very interested in getting involved in the MSG. I am in Area #2 Fishers/ Noblesville area. How can I get involved ?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom