Not open for further replies.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    if it were up to me, we wouldnt use the internet at all, but then we would have never found each other mostly.
    I dont think we have expectations of total privacy by using the net. we realy dont have anything to hide except our supplies.

its like if you win the lottery you will have old "friends and relatives" coming out of the woodwork that you never knew you had. same thing if SHTF. im not sharing anything with anyone who isnt in my group.
    c

Maybe I should come to one of your meetings and do a basic internet privacy kinda of thing ... how to setup your own board for under $60.00 a year, basic PGP encryption of email .. etc :):

ISL State CO

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2010
    c

Maybe I should come to one of your meetings and do a basic internet privacy kinda of thing ... how to setup your own board for under $60.00 a year, basic PGP encryption of email .. etc :):

With regard to encryption of ANYKIND, especially those which are freely available on the internet for download, the source code for such programs is also available, as per a Government requirement. Which means, since the CIA, DHS, FBI, etc., have the raw source code for PGP, they can decipher any and all messages which use PGP, and I'd be willing to guess that they - the Feds - can read it faster then anyone else can decipher it. At one time, I actually had the source code for PGP, and if you read the fine print in the PGP program, it states right in it that a copy has been submitted.

Bottomline, unless you develop your own encryption program, then you'll have to assume that the government already has the means to read anything that you encrypt.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    With regard to encryption of ANYKIND, especially those which are freely available on the internet for download, the source code for such programs is also available, as per a Government requirement. Which means, since the CIA, DHS, FBI, etc., have the raw source code for PGP, they can decipher any and all messages which use PGP, and I'd be willing to guess that they - the Feds - can read it faster then anyone else can decipher it. At one time, I actually had the source code for PGP, and if you read the fine print in the PGP program, it states right in it that a copy has been submitted.

Bottomline, unless you develop your own encryption program, then you'll have to assume that the government already has the means to read anything that you encrypt.

Oh my Goodnes .. they have the source code .. wow ... NEWS Flash .. everyone can get a copy of the source code.:rolleyes: PGP is OPEN Source. :):

Since it is open sourced anyone can review the code for back doors.

Bendrx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.

Old school PGP had it's source freely available, when the rights were sold they stopped releasing the source. At that time it lost all cred as what you've said then comes into play. 1024 bit is 1024 bit encryption unless there is a backdoor. But as Dholder said, there is no point in that, or need for that level of secrecy. If there was, do you think you'd of ever seen this on the internet in the first place?

OpenPGP and GPG are other option still having thier souce made public.

EDIT: just looked and it looks like PGP is open source again like Singlesix said. I stand corrected.

Last edited:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East

thats fine. i have nothing to hide and even if i did, im smart enough (thanks to uncle sam) to know what and how not to say or put things.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    Disclaimer: This is NOT a sales pitch and I am NOT on this site to recruit anyone. As I see it, if you have a problem with a group like the ISL, ok. No amount of spit and polish is going to change your mind.

Reading through some of these posts makes me think of the beginning days of the ISL. We had a focus on local community involvement. One of the very first things that the ISL did when we started in April 2009 was that many of us went to CPR training through the local Red Cross. We even had the opportunity to be setup and provide CPR training through one of our members via the Red Cross, but decided against it until we had gotten a little bigger. Within the next couple of months, several of us are going through CERT training.

The point to all of this is that the ISL is NOT a group of right-wing whack jobs, hell bent on the overthrow of the government, and we’re not out chasing “black helicopters”, like many of the other militia groups in this country are. We are community based and we support our community first, and it’s generally understood that we need to defend/help our own areas first, and once secure, then we’ll provide support to neighboring counties and Brigades.

The majority of our membership comes from emergency response personnel – fire fighters, paramedics, law enforcement, EMA personnel, nurses, doctors, etc. Many of us are prior military and we still hold our oath of enlistment dear to our hearts.

Ok, with that said…

It's pretty amazing to see so many people with the same concerns, thought processes, and actions. With all of the different "groups" currently in Indiana that have the same concerns for the future, I can't help but think that we are all (to a degree) helping out the Government by staying fragmented into different groups. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for security and I truly believe that each area needs to be relatively isolated from each other just in case a mole happens to infiltrate one area or another. But here's some other things to also consider...

When the SHTF...

* Can the regular communications methods that we all seem to be addicted too be counted on, specifically cell phones, land lines, internet, and repeater based Ham? I don't think they can be. Point to point communications will be the only way to call for help from your neighbors.

* Can you be so sure that you can get to where the Brush Fire is before it's too late? What about road blocks and other preemptive measures that will surely be in-place before the news of an event reaches you?

* Who's going to protect the People of your own community after you bail out to help someone half a state away? There's a certain "Heart's and Mind's" benefit to be gained by sticking around your local area. Not to mention that you know your area better than someone on the outside. Take advantage of it.

Now obviously, the “SHTF” does not mean a tornado just rolled through your town, and also obvious is that an armed response may not be necessary, except for maybe reasons of looting. But myself having seen civilians attempt to enter a disaster area, local law enforcement will not allow that to happen. Just ask members of the Illinois Sons of Liberty, when several months ago 2 tornados hit the same town a few minutes apart from each other and members of the ILSL were denied entry, and denied by armed members of DHS. Unless you are at the center of the “incident” when it happens, and therefore making you a victim, law enforcement will not allow you in.

I guess the point to all of this is… Is there really a need for another “group” or network? Or would it be better to join these groups and form a single network? There’s safety in numbers.

[FONT=&quot]In Liberty..[/FONT]

You have made some valid points but nothing that gives us a reason to disban our MSG's and join yours.

Please sir, start a thread and be willing to participate in it when the **** gets deep. We have seen a couple of "militia" groups come in here spout off a few post and then leave when the real questions start. Not accusing you of it but we are weary of the sons of liberty and the indiana militia.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Well, wonder why this got moved???

Anyway, I think we've all agreed that we should discuss this further at Saturdays meetings. I've got ideas, and want to gauge interest in them.

I wasn't impressed with the ISL site. I'm not interested in being in a militia, and the ISL seems to be geared towards that. More power to them if they are getting themselves and communities better prepared.

ISL State CO

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2010
    You have made some valid points but nothing that gives us a reason to disban our MSG's and join yours.

Please sir, start a thread and be willing to participate in it when the **** gets deep. We have seen a couple of "militia" groups come in here spout off a few post and then leave when the real questions start. Not accusing you of it but we are weary of the sons of liberty and the indiana militia.

Willing to participate is one thing. Starting a thread so that some people can get their jollies posting BS, I'm not sure it's worth the aggravation. As has already been clearly demonstrated by some of the other members of this site, they could care less about anyone or any group that uses the "M" word. And yet, technically, that's what everyone here is - Militia.

The idea of an MSG isn't much different than the ISL's focus. But when I make a post in a different thread about it, everyone wants to pick up their toys an run to a "private" area and hide, so that people like myself can't snoop around. I can understand why militia types don't bother coming up here. In a nutshell, they're not welcome.

I didn't come up here to sugar coat anything in an attempt to recruit members, so I'm not going to start an ISL thread. However, if someone else wants to start a thread, then maybe I'll participate.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom