• ...and so much more!
  • 1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    [video=youtube;ENXvZ9YRjbo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENXvZ9YRjbo[/video]
    In a music mood this morning thought I'd share.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Good stuff, 1775! Was just thinking about Scarecrow the other day. I saw Mellencamp when that album came out. ('86?)

Also love the Cake and Weezer, although El Scorcho is my favorite Weezer tune.

ETA: I missed the Johnny Cash "Hurt" on the previous page. Love that and the original by NIN. They are both so different but great in their own way.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Someday, I'm sure MiniJet will participate in some kind of conversation like this thread and when she answers the topic question, people in her life will say, "ohhh...well THAT explains a lot!"
    When she was just a baby, I used to use my favorite songs as impromptu lullabies when I'd sit in a rocking chair and try to get her back to sleep in the middle of the night.
    Her favorite was a slowed down version of Sweet Child O' Mine. Or maybe it was my favorite. ;-)

Funny story 'bout that... some years way back, it played on the radio and she said "I know this song but I don't remember ever hearing it before I already knew it. How can that be??" So I told her (sang the first couple lines like a lullaby) and her friends in the car said, "wow... you have the coolest mom ever."

Yeah. It's true. :-D

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    too many to list, my generation tends to have a very wide spectrum on what music has influenced us or what was playing out of our stereos.

So I like anything from early Russian and German classical, to Willie Nelson, The Cramps to Subhumans, Crass to Public Enemy to Johnny Cash, British Ska bands to Sleep,
    then James Brown after might pop in some Melvins or Electric wizard, to top it all off would be Hank williams the 1st, or maybe the 3rd, na its gonna be,

Hank 2's Major moves then some of Anthrax's Among the Living:rockwoot:

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Found this odd version of Don't Fear the Reaper.

(video of Twins playing Don't Fear the Reaper on the harp)

Because of the harps, or the twins?

Do these twins do better?
    [video=youtube;_lEsY6Hy7i0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lEsY6Hy7i0[/video]

Actually the twins were easy to look at and new how to play those things. Problem is the slaughtering of a good tune......:)

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I grew up listening to classical, hip hop, some folk, jazz, funk, blues, country (not much of the new pretty boy band country crap...big fan of Cash, Hank Sr./Jr./III, Waylon, Willie, D.A.C.) and big band stuff. My "era" would have been the tail end of the hairband butt rock and grunge.

I'd have to say the best stuff I've heard in awhile is Froggy Fresh and Money Maker Mike (for Tosh.0 fans, yeah...I know Froggy Fresh is a character...Tyler Cassidy's stuff is actually pretty solid and he showed some of his talent in some of his Froggy Fresh videos).

[video=youtube_share;XArx0ASwyDc]http://youtu.be/XArx0ASwyDc[/video]

I do love this too (wtf? only allowed 1 embedded video?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kppx4bzfAaE

Top Bottom