• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GaDawg

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2012
    Muncie
    Mcgalliards a big thumbs down. Unless u know what u are looking for and don't need good info. Also need to know what u wanna pay, also not great on prices. I called them to price a Remington 700 and the guy asked me if it was some kind of nostalgic gun. So I tried again went in this time they didn't have a remy but handed me a mossberg 308 with a scope mounted to it bipod whole set up. I looked it over a bit. Then here comes the BS train. Guy said the trigger was just like the accu trigger on a savage and cause it had a little lighting bolt on the blade I guess he thought that would be a "cool" selling point. Then for fun I asked him what the adjustment at the end of the scope was for. Kinda disappointed because he said I don't know really hoping for a load of BS just for my amusement. I'm sorry but if a salesmen at a gun shop don't know what adjustments do on a scope I be scared he would know which end was the business end.

My vote Teresa at RTS is great good prices and she and her husband both good as gold. I have bought several shotguns and rifles from Dunhams also. Surprisingly well prices and very good staff for a chain.

PS sorry if I offended any lovers of Mcgalliard guns but DANG.

starkiller3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    New Castle
    A new place in Anderson just opened up on June 1st called Gunslingers dont know much about it yet but they are going to open an indoor range soon. I sounds good.:ar15:

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Back in the day there was the Gun Room on Burlington and Ross Hardware at Hoyt & Memorial. And my dad bought me my first shotgun at Kmart south.

My work takes me south of Muncie, so I go to Big Daddy's in Hagerstown and there is a nice little shop in Shirley. I think it's called Whitetail Gun Shop and they have signs off the highway.

I mostly avoid the chain stores, except for Rural King.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Back in the day there was the Gun Room on Burlington and Ross Hardware at Hoyt & Memorial. And my dad bought me my first shotgun at Kmart south.

My work takes me south of Muncie, so I go to Big Daddy's in Hagerstown and there is a nice little shop in Shirley. I think it's called Whitetail Gun Shop and they have signs off the highway.

I mostly avoid the chain stores, except for Rural King.

Dang the ol' way back machine. Growing up lived just south of Muncie and frequented them places, a lot. Bought my first BB gun at that Kmart. Also remember when Kmart had some handguns and the Nylon 66.

My likes are RTS in Eaton, not crazy about Praire Creek or Mcgalliard Guns.

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    I have had five experiences with McGalliard Guns and More, and only one went well (bought a box of ammo). For the most part I haven't had any real issues at Prairie Creek Pawn, and picked up a Henry Big Boy at MC Sports for a reasonable price. Dunham's seems to be ok on gun prices, but ammo is a little high. The wife and I went down to Big Daddy's a couple of weeks ago, and they had a lot of stuff, but seemed very expensive.

Always liked Ludco in Parker City. Fred was generally a little more expensive, but would often have want I wanted already in stock. Too bad about his troubles.

Top Bottom