• ...and so much more!
  • DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I remember a couple of years ago I emptied my 686 out into the back of my car, the nice lady at the door checked it n strapped it, and not until a vendor asked to look at it did we discover that TWO of us had missed a single round in the cylinder. Could've been a tragedy. As much my fault as the door checkers. MOSTLY my fault. It was my handgun, and my responsibility.
    Point is, it happens. Double check your stuff, and don't be pointing things around that you know you're not supposed to point around.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    This is looking like it might be a good show from the interest of this forum. The close gun shows are the best.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Great place to buy a flashlight as to see any stampings or serial numbers you are goiing to need one. The worst lighting of any show in the area.

I have also came apon a few good deal in muncie more than once. Worth the time but bring a flashlight.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    Honestly, I haven't seen anything worth mentioning at this or the Richmond show. A lot of the stuff I have seen is beat up or VERY overpriced but you may get lucky. It makes since that a small dealer will be a little higher on some new stuff but when you are at least $50 higher then all the local shops then something is wrong.

XDLover

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Delaware County
    Honestly, I haven't seen anything worth mentioning at this or the Richmond show. A lot of the stuff I have seen is beat up or VERY overpriced but you may get lucky. It makes since that a small dealer will be a little higher on some new stuff but when you are at least $50 higher then all the local shops then something is wrong.

I've found many things at great prices, some over priced, but again its all in what you want and when you want it. If its rare and you want it, you will most likely pay for it.
    I've heard guys say "I can get it for $25 cheaper online at Bud's" then you have to remember you are paying a FFL and any other add ons, plus a chance it might be wrong when it arrives.

I'll pay a few bucks more if I know its local.

Its also funny, I see people complain about some shows but I always seem to run into them there! hmmmm

ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    I've heard guys say "I can get it for $25 cheaper online at Bud's" then you have to remember you are paying a FFL and any other add ons, plus a chance it might be wrong when it arrives.

The problem is it's not usually $25 cheaper online, it's usually around $100-$150 cheaper online. New or used, as long as you compare apples to apples.

I'll also pay a few more bucks to support dealers, that's why I buy all of my knives from Brad & Sheila, but if someone elses prices are beating theirs by a large percentage, I can't do it.

XDLover

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Delaware County
    You also have to understand the way it works. Some places just can't get the big breaks that other places do. In the end that is what allows Walmarts to take over and mom and pop to close up shop. Then everyone complains that they are gone and how they hate big box stores but they didn't support the smaller places cause they saved too much money.

ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    You also have to understand the way it works. Some places just can't get the big breaks that other places do. In the end that is what allows Walmarts to take over and mom and pop to close up shop. Then everyone complains that they are gone and how they hate big box stores but they didn't support the smaller places cause they saved too much money.

Yes we all understand capitalism and free market.

The point I'm talking about is price gouging. We all know what guns are worth, blue books are easy to reference, as is the current market value by looking at classified listings.

When a dealer prices his goods 30% above current market value and isn't willing to haggle very much, if at all, it's quite discouraging.

And frankly I'd rather deal with a Walmart sales associate than some of the *****s that peddle guns at shows and their smug attitudes. But the majority are cool folks and are fun to deal with.

XDLover

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Delaware County
    You also have to remember they don't want to take a loss. Most want to make a little money. What I'm speaking of are the guys that walk in and think your $500 glock should be sold for $425. The type that find every flaw and seem to think you should sell it for a loss no matter what.

csm47362

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Jun 12, 2009
    New Castle, IN

Two of the best deal I every got on Python's were at the Muncie and Richmond show....Guess it is all about timing..

dagibson1507

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Aug 8, 2010
    Muncie, IN
    Didn't care for the show this time. Prices weren't any more inflated than usual. Found a shield 9 for 575$. Think ill just wait for one of those. Saw some decent prices on saigas, 12ga for 600, 308 for 600, x39 for 400.

paintman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    new castle indiana
    I thought it was a joke for the most part. Nothing very good or worth really going for.(as far as what i was looking for) target fail arms had a 9mm sheild for $450 though.

Top Bottom