• billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    392   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    NOT at all...

Are you the morbidly obese, tattered clothed, smelly individual described in the review? It's the only explanation for such butthurtedness.

Well, I was not at the show, but I have talked with jburris before and he does NOT possess ANY of the qualities listed above. Heck of a nice guy actually..Bill.

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    Ouch

decent review from what little of it that I read. If you think you are so much better than other people, then stay where you came from. typical for someone to make rude comments about people from other areas. I read about half this review and couldnt stand to read anymore of it. you sir are not better than anyone else, no matter what you think. take it how you want to, but I can not stand arrogant derogatory people. And from reading the review, that is exactly what you are. We dont need people like that on this forum that used to be such a good place, with good people. But lately it is being over run with trash.
    I never miss this show. Enjoyed the review also. Did you forget to get double dipped chocolate peanuts too?

bthomas

Marksman
    Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 28, 2012
    Winchester
    I went and seen nothing worth buying, I couldnt sell any of my over priced mags too. I had my boys walking around trying to sell pmags and troy battle mags 3 for 100. I told them I would buy them some throwing knives if they sold 3 mags and you should of seen them go. I went ahead and bought them the knives just for the effort.
    I think it will be a month or so before these vendors realize nobody is interested in paying those prices. I wonder how much they pay for table space? I dont even see them making there money back.

mastery

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Here
    A lot of these shows are becoming nothing but a bunch of sellers who like to just put up a table and say no when you offer reasonable prices to these way over-inflated goods.

1911Shooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Pendleton, IN
    For the first time in a long time I found some 55gn. .224 bullets but they wanted 20 bucks so I figured I could wait a little bit longer. It wasnt a horrible show, for a Muncie show that is. Im originally from there so its not bad to go back a couple times a year.

tallend

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Being on the other side of the table---you ought to see and hear what I do----primers??????saw several dealers had them for 25.00 pr thousand(both days)------I had a 1956 SKS(90%)400.00---several cased trap,and skeet guns---some Rem 1100s with A,to XXX wood------Remington Rolling Block 45-70(target)----Glock 35 longslide,target sights,target trigger,5 15rd mags, etc,etc--------my prices must not have been too bad-I did REAL well-------------oh yes,my AR,mags said COLT on the bottom,25.00 ea-------

Agreed that the lighting is not the best----but it is NOT the promoters fault--------call the fair board and tell them to improve the lighting.

Breath mints would be great for some of the wonderful customers to try before they explain in detail how much the know about everything......

Great show---I will be back in March

tallend----------------
    I had my INGO badge on---- where was yours??

Atlas

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    -----I had a 1956 SKS(90%)400.00---

I don't know how I missed the SKS. Sure, I have 1 already, but it IS lonely and i would have at least tried to wrestle ya down a bit on it!

can't comment about primers, don't reload so have no idea of the cost.

Did the sks sell within minutes or did it sit for the whole show?

And yes, the show should have been giving out breath-mints with the admission fee. And make them mandatory!

Also, there's badges? WTF does one get one of those!

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    Being on the other side of the table---you ought to see and hear what I do----primers??????saw several dealers had them for 25.00 pr thousand(both days)------I had a 1956 SKS(90%)400.00---several cased trap,and skeet guns---some Rem 1100s with A,to XXX wood------Remington Rolling Block 45-70(target)----Glock 35 longslide,target sights,target trigger,5 15rd mags, etc,etc--------my prices must not have been too bad-I did REAL well-------------oh yes,my AR,mags said COLT on the bottom,25.00 ea-------

Agreed that the lighting is not the best----but it is NOT the promoters fault--------call the fair board and tell them to improve the lighting.

Breath mints would be great for some of the wonderful customers to try before they explain in detail how much the know about everything......

Great show---I will be back in March

tallend----------------

I saw the SKS, nice looking rifle.

Who had the primers? I saw one dealer who had only large rifle and large pistol and only S&B for 25 per thousand. American made were much higher. He was located near the middle of the room. I didn't see any small rifle or small pistol anywhere. (Not a big deal as I have several thousand put back).

I was there at around 12 noon today so maybe I just missed out.

tallend

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Velcro backed cloth badges available at the INGO booth at the 1500----------

SKS sold 1PM today(Sunday)----have two more--may have ONE at the next Muncie show....

One of the torn T-shirt guys(dred locks,and ear HOLES) had a wad of green that would "choke a horse"---and was spending some of it......

It was said of Cassanova that he would put garlic in his nostrils to get past the odor of his lady friends----------John Holmes is said to put Vicks in his nostrils--------
    When some of the customers were handing me green---I didnt notice anything too bad(LOL)

Atlas

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Velcro backed cloth badges available at the INGO booth at the 1500----------

SKS sold 1PM today(Sunday)----have two more--may have ONE at the next Muncie show....

One of the torn T-shirt guys(dred locks,and ear HOLES) had a wad of green that would "choke a horse"---and was spending some of it......

It was said of Cassanova that he would put garlic in his nostrils to get past the odor of his lady friends----------John Holmes is said to put Vicks in his nostrils--------
    When some of the customers were handing me green---I didnt notice anything too bad(LOL)

Is it a USSR make or a comm block/yugo knock-off? Might not have to wait until next show to sell it if it's the ''right stuff'.

Also, comparing oneself to john holmes is comparing oneself to a paid whore... having done a few shows as a dealer over the years I can relate though :)

And it wasn't the dreadlocked hipster guy I was referring to either.

Cmustang

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Indy
    decent review from what little of it that I read. If you think you are so much better than other people, then stay where you came from. typical for someone to make rude comments about people from other areas. I read about half this review and couldnt stand to read anymore of it. you sir are not better than anyone else, no matter what you think. take it how you want to, but I can not stand arrogant derogatory people. And from reading the review, that is exactly what you are. We dont need people like that on this forum that used to be such a good place, with good people. But lately it is being over run with trash.

:scared: LOL

Fawkes

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2012
    Helped a buddy work his table, he was selling primers powder cases and loaded ammo. He made an ass-ton of dinero. They were stacked three deep Saturday morning along his table and three of us could barely keep up with demand. Federal primers $39, Winchester $37, Tula and S&B $25. 9mm para was extremely popular. Sorry I missed that 1956 Type '56. I did see a dealer snag a rare Type 84 Norinco SKS for $400 from a walk through

jburris

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    henry county
    I made it to the show today. picked up 1k lr primers for $37. other than that. on my previous post. I just cant stand an ******* that badmouths other people. Sure there is some people that need some attention, but as I said you are no better than anyone else. You are not god or jesus and therefore you have no right to judge anybody. You just need to learn some respect, thats all there is to that. If you dont like what kind of people go to gun show or anywhere for that matter, stay home. just dont get on a public board and start making fun of other people. and that is what I thought your review was about, was people. not so much all the price gouging and such. Im done with this thread, and will plan on never dealing with you.

Atlas

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Im done with this thread, and will plan on never dealing with you.

As long as you promise to uphold your hygiene and clothing choices to the commonly-accepted standard of civilized nations, I applaud your choice. Also, thanks for inferring to me me as ''trash" in your original argument. Probably best we never meet, as I am capable of speaking without resorting to profane-laden personal insults.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    As long as you promise to uphold your hygiene and clothing choices to the commonly-accepted standard of civilized nations, I applaud your choice. Also, thanks for inferring to me me as ''trash" in your original argument. Probably best we never meet, as I am capable of speaking without resorting to profane-laden personal insults.

That was a bit rude. I have seen these folks and wonder WTF. I do not go into the world with out bathing and personal hygiene. Really no excuse for it. If you stink I am calling you on it. JMHO

Atlas

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    That was a bit rude. I have seen these folks and wonder WTF. I do not go into the world with out bathing and personal hygiene. Really no excuse for it. If you stink I am calling you on it. JMHO

How was I rude? I'm trying to remain as civil as possible here.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    How was I rude? I'm trying to remain as civil as possible here.

Sorry man....I was referring to you being called trash for calling out those who go into crowds with poor to no Hygiene.
    No knock on you. Please re-read.

Edit....quoted the wrong post. I am not having a good day....I am out.

Atlas

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Sorry man....I was referring to you being called trash for calling out those who go into crowds with poor to no Hygiene.
    No knock on you. Please re-read.

Edit....quoted the wrong post. I am not having a good day....I am out.

LOL it's all good mate. Carry on!

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

A gunshow is like church in that it is a social event. While church requires a certain higher standard of dress this does not remove from other social events standards.

I attended the gunshow at the Allen County Fairgrounds a few weeks ago. I didn't do a review because it is only a one (1) day show.

While I was there most everyone was decent. However, passing a guy in the tight, confined space of an aisle that smelled like he hadn't bathed in a week actually made my stomach turn. Really. I could smell this guy from 15 - 20 feet away. It was, in a word, disgusting.

It is not illegal to look tacky. It is not illegal to smell bad. It is not illegal to wear inappropriate clothing. It is not illegal to pick your nose. BUT IT IS SOCIALLY UNACCEPTABLE!

From time to time I have been physically working and afterward planned on going to grab a bite to eat with friends and family. When I have been worried about my odour I have asked if I am OK to be in a public place. Sometimes my friends have told me I am good. Sometimes they have told me I was a bit "ripe." When ripe, I delay the social event and shower so as not to give offense.

I see nothing wrong with calling people out on this. We don't need to be rude or condescending (which I did NOT see from the OP) but we also don't need to ignore socially unacceptable behavior.

The folks that really annoy me are the ones toting a bloody cart through the event causing massive traffic jams and keeping people from passing them. Most (not all) are selling something on the cart and acting like a dealer in motion. If someone is large I don't care as they can't help that. If someone is in a wheelchair I don't care as they can't help that. If someone is toting something that will knowingly jam up an event that is rude. Now am I rude for saying so?

A couple of years ago I went to a show and wound up buying six (6) rifles. So as NOT to poke people I asked each dealer to hold it for me and all were kind enough to do so. At the end of the show I hauled out four (4) rifles in one trip and two (2) in the last. This way I was only rude twice. I tried to keep it to a minimum and when the crowds had thinned a bit.

I don't believe anyone needs to wear a suit, tie and a fine Eau de parfum to attend a gunshow. That is unnecessary. Going to the opposite extreme is not unnecessary - it is rude and the OP called it. Good for him!

Regards,

Doug

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    While I practice (I think) pretty good hygiene, do wear deodorant etc. I have known some people that smell. Sometimes it is not that they don't bath, it is from medical conditions or diet. I guess I don't judge people, I'm quite sure some don't like everything I do. What I DON'T like is others judging people and posting it anywhere. I feel certain everyone has habits, attire, manners of speaking, ways of writing, mannerisms, physical appearance, haircuts, tattoos, beards or haircuts that most people don't like. Bear with them, many have other attributes that far overshadow the imperfections. Most of the time people that "cut down" others are seeking approval for themselves, either they feel "superior" or in reality are seeking some approval to be liked accepted by others "like them". That's what inspires youth to join gangs and others to become raciest. Personally I don't think a review of a gun show need to be littered with comments regarding the appearance or behavior of anyone. I enjoy reading of the prices and availability of gun related items - not the judgmental rating of attendees.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom