• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    They were interviewing the son on tv just a bit ago. He was worried about someone being hurt by all the guns in "criminals hands". The female reporter couldn't believe that someone wanted "So many dangerous guns". The son was giving her a tour and the old man had them stuffed everywhere. I still think it was an inside job and one or two ppl are going to keep most of them or sell them to some collectors. Sounds as if he had some nice stuff. Too bad this shizzle has to happen.

JBusch8899

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    I think Capt. Vollmar was speaking about the theives, not the collector. I still have a slight problem with it, though. I couldn't imagine why they needed ANY of someone else's guns. Especially while he's down. Sort of adds insult to injury that the poor guys in the hospital...

Why would a police captain speak of a criminal's need? The multitude of reasons that the criminal element requires to steal a firearm is rather obvious to not only the police, but to the general public as well.

The number of statement by a number of command law enforcement, however, tend to discount the "need" for the "civilian" possession of firearms.

This incident will soon enough become another argument by the antis, to put in place overly-burdensome laws against law abiding gun owners.

thej27

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    A lot of police seem to have started getting the attitude that only they are special enough to have a gun. Not all of them though we have some good L.E.O. members on here.

seamusalaska

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    East Central IN
    Anyone hear anything new. Has anyone been arrested? I didn't see anything in today's Muncie paper (Sunday 9th) but a friend said he "heard" there had been arrests.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Anyone hear anything new. Has anyone been arrested? I didn't see anything in today's Muncie paper (Sunday 9th) but a friend said he "heard" there had been arrests.

I am positive I read yesterday or this morning that they had gotten those involved, had recovered very few of the guns and were giving amnesty for those returning the remainder. now I can't find the article.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I saw that they arrested 4 people, 2 women and 2 men I think. They looked like real classy citizens. The police were giving anyone whoe returned guns by 6pm Monday amnesty. I really hope the old dude gets all his stuff back. I know how bad I'd feel if I lost my small collection.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    What happens when you either tell people about all your guns, and or don't lock them up.

Sounds like someone told others about the collection........

I don't post or really talk about my stuff in person or on here for the same reason. Post pictures of your guns and tell everyone on the net about what you have and you run a greater risk for theft.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    What happens when you either tell people about all your guns, and or don't lock them up.

I don't post or really talk about my stuff in person or on here for the same reason. Post pictures of your guns and tell everyone on the net about what you have and you run a greater risk for theft.

I was thinking the same thing after I saw this story, especially since this is a public forum and non-members can view as much as they like.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon

I've thought about that before. Sorta sad that you can't share things you enjoy with others w/o worrying about your security/safety. I do keep everything locked up and the house is well secured and alarmed. But if someone wants your stuff they'll get it.:twocents:

Ford2685

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2010
    USA,USA,USA,USA!!!!!!!
    all four of the people looked like crack heads, but if you bought a stolen gun from them you have untill 6pm tonight to turn them in to police and no charges will be pressed (but you are out the money you paid for it) lesson learned, dont buy guns from crack heads by ball state

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Police recover stolen Muncie guns - 13 WTHR

More than 100 stolen weapons were recovered in Muncie after a five-day search. The guns were stolen from a Muncie home last week. The collection, which featured antiques and other collectibles, was worth $200,000. Four people were arrested in connection with the theft, but detectives were still searching for the guns.
    Muncie detectives have tracked down almost all of the guns that were stolen. The collection included 125 handguns and rifles along with buckets full of ammunition. The rare items made it difficult for the thieves to find buyers, or friends willing to store the weapons.
    "The people didn't want to get caught with a hot potato. They just were - not here, not here, and they probably knew all these people and called somebody else and said, 'I don't want this here. Can you take it?' And nobody wanted to get stuck with it. And this guy got stuck with it," said Capt. Mark Vollmar, Muncie Police.
    Police found the large stash in a man's garage. It's unclear at this point if that man will face charges.
    The guns were stolen from a modest Muncie home Wednesday. Police immediately focused their investigation on two women who befriended the elderly, ailing gun collector a few weeks before he moved into a nursing home.
    Police arrested one of the women, 39-year-old Dana Cox, on Saturday, along with her son and four others. They were accused of participating in the theft that police say Cox orchestrated.
    "She specifically gave orders to get those guns - that this man wouldn't be around much longer, he was in a nursing home, and go get those guns," said Capt. Vollmar.
    The guns, worth a total of $200,000, were being sold at half their value or not at all.
    A fisherman found one gun in the Prairie Creek Reservoir. Police searched the water for other weapons but found none. A gun collector turned in three of the stolen weapons.
    "He said, 'I'd rather do this. This is the right thing to do,'" said Vollmar.
    To get the guns off the street, and to generate leads, police promised amnesty to anyone who returned a stolen weapon before 6:00 pm Monday.
    Police are still looking for one more suspect and say there are still a handful of stolen guns on the street.

Top Bottom