• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mattinindy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 3, 2009
    its getting harder and harder to find decent deals at gunshows in my opinion so i started saving gas and entrance fees and look/buy online. i do like to go and look though. every once in awhile you get lucky

radar44

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    noblesville
    I know I've seen at least 75 guns at these shows at least 100 times over the last 9 or 10 years .

I really think a few of these guys have no intention of ever trying to sell them .

I think that they really believe some one , some day , is going to actually pay the crazy dollars they stick on those tags .

Do store owners let stuff set on the shelf for 6 ,7 , 8 , 9 years ?

j4jenk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 27, 2012
    Madison County
    those who complain about cost are the same types that think they can still buy a Mosin for $50, or a SKS at $60

:bs:

The people "complaining" are the same types who are saying they can get the same guns for well under the prices offered at this show at other shows, the LGS, online, or the classifieds here. I haven't heard anyone, regardless of their ability to CC a Highpoint, say they think that $50 Mosins are still available.

This show was a disappointing joke. I went with two other guys, all of us left with the cash we walked in with even though we were all looking for multiple items.

slowG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    Not everyone is as informed. So gun shops take advantage. If they didnt move, they wouldn't price them like that. Everyone loves taking advantage of the uninformed..

nater30/30

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2013
    Grant County
    Muncie seems to be a weird exception to shows, the few legit dealers there have better prices than the seemingly 80% majority "private collectors", and are a heck of a lot more negotiable.

other dave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Howard County
    AB-SO-FREAKIN-LUTELY AMAZING! You guys B*TCH because there aren’t enough dealers and/or empty tables. Then a promoter adds extra tables and you B*TCH because the aisles are too narrow. As far as prices go BUYER BEWARE! That’s true of shows, LGS’s, or the INGO classifieds.
    Here are some of my highlights/LOWLIGHTS of the Muncie show:
    Floorwalker with a used, no box, Taurus 357 snub for the unbelievably low price of $475.
    Floorwalker with a HK P7 hard chrome no box, papers, cleaning tools, 1 nickel mag and 1 blued mag for ONLY $1400.
    And last finally, a Winchester 9410, no box, ONLY $1200.

tonybia

Marksman
    Rating - 88.9%
    7   1   1
    Apr 24, 2013
    Rush2112,

Last time I was in Big Dixie guns and Ammo in Fort Wayne they had a very nice mauser on the wall for what I thought was a great price. 260-637-7111 is there number if you want to check. I'm not affiliated with them other than a frequent visitor. Good guys in there!!!

Hope this helps you out.

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    AB-SO-FREAKIN-LUTELY AMAZING! You guys B*TCH because there aren’t enough dealers and/or empty tables. Then a promoter adds extra tables and you B*TCH because the aisles are too narrow. As far as prices go BUYER BEWARE! That’s true of shows, LGS’s, or the INGO classifieds.

Exactly

I thought it was a good show. Maybe if it continues to be that crowded, they will get a larger venue.

There were high prices on some stuff, and lower prices on other stuff. I didn't buy anything, but I am saving money for the 1500 next weekend.

I almost bought a 5 digit serial numbered Model 12 with a polychoke. No buttplate and 25% finish for $250 ( I think I could have gotten it for $200 ). It looked like nice honest wear - not neglect or rust. I love those old Winchester shotguns!

There was a dealer with a nicely redone (he said it hadn't been touched) 16 Gauge Model 12 field grade that he just bought. It looked good, but he said he was going to ask $750 for it. I have seen some good reblues and original guns in my life, and I think this one had been redone.

The guy selling coins had some Franklin halves mixed in with his 40% silver. I know a guy who got a deal there.

There was a lady in a wheelchair clogging up the works on Saturday afternoon. I don't begrudge anyone the right to come to a gun show, but she was being silly about clogging up the isles and taking forever to go anywhere.

There are deals to be had, but enjoying yourself is the most important thing. I just like BS-ing with the old farts there.

Last edited:

Phipps

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 10, 2011
    East Central Indiana
    Ive been to about all the Muncie gun shows in the past 2 years and about went this weekend just to kick sh*t. Thankfully my brother talked me into saving my $5. Its been a solid 2 years since I've seen anything remotely priced there at fair value.

Top Bottom