• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    Just great discussion of a flash-mob. This girl is a total failure. She didn't fight, or run. Justifies why people did the attack. Claims that a gun would not have helped, and ends up being just as stupid as she was before the attack. 13-16 year olds would not have kept coming if you were shooting rounds into them while moving towards cover. Pretty neat article to hear how it went down from multiple perspectives.

"Flash mob" fall-out: A multiple-perspective account of the North Philly roving mob attack | City Life | Newswire | The A.V. Club Philadelphia

*Hope it's not a repost, search turned up nothing.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    She sounds like a real peach:

Despite its lack of wi-fi, the hospital did give me a double room all to myself. I’m not sure whether this is because I traumatized my previous elderly, Jesus-loving roommate by excessively using the words “****ing” and “****ed-up” while relating what it’s like to get beat up by several dozen people, or whether it’s, as a bunch of people told me when they showed up to visit Monday, because I got “Internet famous.” (I am not making this up: Mayor Nutter called my cell phone. It was out of control.) As long as I no longer have to listen to the Jesus channel/infomercials at full volume at all hours, I don’t care how the private room happened.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    attacks like this have been going on for years.. and as mentioned get written up as single attacker / attacked events.. My friends & I got jumped like this back in 1986..
    A co worker was attacked during the day in downtown Indy, right across the street from the state house in the early 1990's ..

usally the mod does scatter if a weapon is used.. or sometimes even just shown..

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    You know, I don't care what is said about weapons not deterring a large group like this in case of an attack. I'm gonna let some defense fly.

There may be 30 of them against my wife and I, but I've got 17 rounds in my MP9 and the wife had 9 in her .380. I think once you dropped the first one or two the rest of the gang is going to figure out this isn't fun and games and get the hell out of Dodge.

Just my $.02

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    All these stories of mobs doing this crap really pisses me off. I should probably start carrying spare mags, though. I swear, man, if I'm ever unfortunate enough to fall victim to such an attack, I vow to employ justifiable deadly force as necessary.

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Sounds like its time to start open carry rifles. I bet they wouldn't try that crap on 3-4 people carrying ARs, AKs, etc. with at least 5-6 extra mags.

Hanu

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2011
    I'm astounded at how little people care about what they do to others. Are they born lacking some basic part that allows them to have empathy or even consideration or were they brought up in such a horrible environment that they truly don't know any better?

It really pains me to have to be afraid if I'm approached by a stranger. Suspicion was never part of my nature, but I've managed to develop a healthy case of it. There's a lot to be said for situational awareness, even (or maybe,especially) when armed.

Last edited:

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    I think the whole thing brings up an interesting question/topic for discussion. Do you draw? Do you shoot? You're talking about a bunch of young kids... At what point do you draw? Only after they start hitting you? It would be interesting to mentally move this scenario to Indianapolis (so that our resident attorneys can give answers as to how *Indiana* would view our choices) and talk about it.

In MY slow little mind, it's a pretty tough one. You draw before they actually do anything and you're just some crazy guy pulling a gun on a bunch of little kids. You wait, and you have other issues. You shoot and... well, that's a whole new can of worms.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    I've seen the videos, both mob attacks and just random fighting videos between a small handful of people. I've noticed the following:

#1: Most people don't know how to fight. You see what appear to be repeated hits to the head, but people don't go down. The female fight videos show this much more than the male fight videos. On a few videos, you see one or two hits and then the person is down. Also, I've notice the trend is to quickly attack the head, so people try to protect their head with their arms at the same time trying to attack the other person's head. This likely is why these head shots are usually weak on contact, thus people being able to throw more "punches" (if you can call them that). Learn some basic self-defense moves and the areas of the body to hit. In all the self-defense training I have had, almost no one on the street uses pressure points and other sensitive areas as striking points. As said before, almost always it is go for the head.

#2: Kicks seem to be rare, and the few that I have seen are usually laughable attempts. Learning how to use kicks to defend ones self would be a huge advantage. Stomping the other persons foot also is rarely ever seen. Usually people only stomp once the victim is already out of commission on the ground.

#3: If a gun comes out, some % of the crowd will run away. If the gun is fired, usually everyone is seen spreading. The people who write that using a gun in a vicious mob attack would only make things worse are just writing what they think. They obviously haven't seen the numerous videos that usually show that when a gun is fired, even just once, the entire mob (those involved in the attack and the witnesses) seems to disperse rather quickly.

#4: In the restaurant cases, and a few others, items get thrown at people.

#5: In some cases, bottles are busted and used as cutting/stabbing weapons. In one video, a guy brings out a folded up metal chair.

#6: No one seems to ever run away. The victims of these mob attacks seem to be confused and for some reason don't register what is going on. Even those think finally come to realization "Um, maybe we need to leave!" Usually are seen walking, maybe faster than normal, but still walking away from the area. Run, live to see another day. If you can't run, get into shape so you can run.

#7: Another thing I have noticed is that in videos where it is supposed to be one-on-one, there is a good chance someone else will get involved. Sometimes it is a family member (one video had mommy stepping in to protect her son, who was the aggressor from what I saw), sometimes it is a friend. So the fight goes from fair (one-on-one) to unfair, one-vs-many.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    One other thing. I have noticed that the majority of victims who have given interviews about their situation seem to make statements that leads me to believe they have no idea this sort of thing could ever happen. Some are clearly liberal, and show absolute shock at the incident. Maybe their whole "lets all get along" world they lived in was shattered? Others don't give off any sort of political leanings, but show absolute surprise that something happened. These are the folks that tell of warnings signs, but they don't act upon these warning signs. My guess is that like most people, they are stuck in the believe that the government can save them. As such, they figure that any moment now, an armada of police cars is going to pull up and stop the violence.

On a side note, if one really believes that things in terms of violence will get worse, think about investing in S&W. Their stock is pretty cheap right now. I have a little money invested in them. I'm down overall, maybe by $100 or so. However, I figure if assaults continue, more and more people will wake up. Might drive more people into buying a firearm. Not sure if S&W would win from this, but they are known for quality revolvers which a lot of the simple minded may go for over more complex semi-autos.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Look at that. There really is safety in numbers.
    The cops sat back, nothing could be done because no one could identify any "individuals..."

I am going to pick up some mace for the family and start carrying extra mags.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    "Can you identify anyone in particular who did this?"

Yes, I was actually able to mark a large group of our assailants. Start by arresting anyone with a 9mm hole in them. Then move on to anyone with a 7.62mm hole in them. Finally, find the ones that look like an alien from a movie just busted out of their chest; those are the ones that wound up on the wrong end of the double aught.

Alright, maybe thats a little too much.....it'd probably stop with just the 9mm part. But yes, if I ever get jumped by a mob, you can bet your a$$ that I'm going to emptying everything I've got into them.

And as of today, I'm carrying spare mags on a more regular basis.

Top Bottom