• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    My fishing plans have been changed due to rain torrents. I have a few small boats, but this time of year I prefer to bank fish for crappy. I have never had great luck fishing stained water. Any tips?

Jeffrey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Central Indiana
    Might be a no brainer so to speak, but I have had good luck with minnows under a float in the past. Have not made it out this year, but a buddy has, with good results. Good Luck

Mitch B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2010
    indiana
    I caught 23 crappie yesterday and 12 bass on a 2 inch Mister Twister Sassy Shad, but of course that was before the rain. Yellow or white works best for muddy water where I fish.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    If fishing with minnows add a little flash type spinner blade to the setup. I use a bettle spin as the attachment point of a minnow under a bobber. And the bobber need to detect light bites.

thej27

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    Road Runners with a pink or chartreuse head and a acid rain color grub seemed to work best for me in stained to muddy waters. Something with flash and vibration.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    My fishing plans have been changed due to rain torrents. I have a few small boats, but this time of year I prefer to bank fish for crappy. I have never had great luck fishing stained water. Any tips?
    Sewage-Treatment-Plant.jpg

Burl, does the place you are "crappy" fishing look kinda like this? Dude....that's not mud.......find a new place to crappie fish.

exelh

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    Nashville
    Been crappie fishing a couple times, i think the water temp is still a little cold. Once the water gets to about 55, they should start thinking about spawning. All I have caught is a ton of 5 inchers at monroe

topash

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Anywhere
    I would try slowly fishing something with flash and scent such as a jig with a gulp minnow and a colorado safety pin spinner. Usually works for me when the fish can't see the bait. Start and stop the bait often, crappie will hit it on the pause.

Top Bottom