• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    I would not worry. If they are building they most likely have construction vehicles in and out anyway. I am assuming you were just getting a little mud on your tires and not destroying property. I would not worry a bit about it.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    I would not worry. If they are building they most likely have construction vehicles in and out anyway. I am assuming you were just getting a little mud on your tires and not destroying property. I would not worry a bit about it.

:dunno:......D'pends on'a developer, an' / or the builder 'at owns the lot/property.......most of'em I'M familar with.......they'd be pizz'd.....ta say the least....

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    This is for a friend, right?

If they do anything about it, I highly doubt you'd get any real punishment. I know around here the bulk majority of four wheeler trespassing just receives a stern talking to. The local law enforcement knows there wasn't ill intent behind your actions.

How old you are can effect it. Hope the LEO doesn't decide you're old enough to know better. Could change things.

What sort of punishment can be administered for this at max, anyways?

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I wouldn't worry about it. If they can identify you from the video there's not much YOU can do about it. If they can't identify you there's nothing THEY can do about it.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Depends on how close you live to those area, is your vehicle highly visible or is it far off the road or garaged?

Cleaning the vehicle to make it look like it never happened can't hurt...

Cops MIGHT take a report and will not do anything about it.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Unless you did real and monetary damage by bouncing off some equipment or tore up a bunch of survey markers, I wouldnt worry about it. Odds are the police are going to take the report and file it. After all, who cares about some tracks in the mud?

Making some tracks in the mud is no big deal unless you did the above and the developer also files a damage report. In the off chance you got busted you could be in some minor hot water, but nothing major.

Then again my experience is a good 20 years old, so YMMV. These days you could probably end up in a PMITA prison for pissing off the right well connected developer. :dunno:

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    There are places where you can legally go mudding. Like the Badlands Offroad Park.

Why would anyone be stupid, and go mudding on someone else's property illegally? If you do that, you deserve to be punished.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Whoever owns the property, and whatever plans they have for it, the issue is not so much you being there and playing in their mud. They'll be carrying liability insurance in case you flip over and land on your head or something, but as litigious as so many people are these days, they have to fear you'd sue them to cash in on the lawsuit lottery. Think you'd want someone like that on your property?

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    Driving on someones property is one thing, but "mudding" is another. I see that as damaging the property. If I want ruts and puddles turned into mud holes on my property I will take care of that myself. If I catch someone else I would be pressing charges.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Trespass, destruction of property... no big deal, right?

Want to go wheeling? Drop me a PM. DO NOT TRESPASS. Please. One incident like the OP destroys DAYS of work by others.

There are plenty of opportunities to get dirty LEGALLY. See my sig....

Top Bottom