• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Anyone have a pair of Muck Boots? I went out for several hours this morning chasing the squirrels and got my feet soaked wearing my "waterproof" Columbia boots. I've cleaned them and sprayed them with waterproofer and they still leak. I am done getting soggy feet out in the woods. These Muck Boots seem to be the ticket to keeping your feet dry, do they work as well as advertised?

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    A few years ago, I purchased a pair of "The Original Muck Boot Company Edgewater High Field Boot" to wear during a four day camping adventure that happened to coincide with a four day monsoon in cool temps... At that time, I think the cost was 70.00-80.00 USD purchased at Boot City, TH.

I found that the boots did keep my feet dry(with a qualifier) from all water from the environment and I never lost footing slopping in the mud. It does have a rubber lower and my feet did what they do in that environment, they sweat... I was not aware of that until I took them off and my socks were damp in that area. My feet never got cold which can make any trip miserable.

I am not sorry that I made that purchase. I had at my disposal leather boots that I knew would eventually soak through and leave my feet wet and cold. They did what I needed them to do. I am not for sure if that is a glowing recomendation, but to not have buyer's remorse is definitely a positive...

Blackdog765

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    I got a pair that are more like slip on shoes, at Tractor Supply. We use them for the morning barn chores. They've been OK. Of course the dog got them and chewed on them pretty good, so the edge stitching is bungled up, but all-in-all, they work fine. I'm not a big slip on guy, so they aren't real sturdy at staying attached.

But they make boot versions too!

I've had them several years, and they have developed a crack on one shoe, but still don't leak! We have the green colored version - not sure the brand. I think TSC has a black version too. Overall I would buy again. Just too cheap to buy another pair until these REALLY wear out - and we are getting close.

Last edited:

herby31

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2010
    fort wayne
    just rec'd the pair of muck boot company woody armors that I ordered for deer season. I intend to wear them to do one last scouting trip and hang my stand, i will try to remember to let u know how i like them. initial impression is that they are sturdy, comfortable boots. we shall see if they were worth the price.

mrdryoung

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I have had a pair of lacross muck boots for a few years now. Mine are insulated so I try to limit my long treks in them. They do very well at keeping the water out, but since they are solid rubber they do keep the sweat in. If you are only traveling a short distance they are great.

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    I have had several pair, they are a good boot for slopping in the wet and mud. Like was said earlier my feet sweat in them too, they don't breathe well. They fit tight at the top and will cause your pants leg to bunch up on top of them or hug your calf tight if you wear you paints over them. I have fixed this by rolling them down a few inches, this also helps the ventilation. I keep mine on a boot dryer at night and this also helps, that is the down side. The up side is they are very comfortable and warm, I like to ware them to the barn for chores as they are easy to slip on and off. Mud and other stuff wash off of them really easy and they stay clean. I try to buy a new pair every fall and keep the 1yr. pair and throw out the 2yr. pair, this way I can rotate and keep them good and dry. My feet are in them up to 10-14 hrs. a day and this will be my 4th pair so I can say they are the best slip on rubber boot I have found. Just my :twocents: hope it helps.

Last edited:

Sgt7330

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Rush Co.
    I too have been thinking of trying Muck Boots. My past 2 pair of knee boots have been LaCrosse, with the Alpha un-insulated ones being excellent. They have last 5-6 yrs now, but are about ready to be replaced.
    Buy some ankle garters to keep your socks from coming down and know that your feet will sweat.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Thanks for the input! I went ahead and ordered the Trailblazer model from Amazon. $109 shipped beats any local prices I could find. I can't wait to get them and try them out in the woods.

RyanV

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    La Porte County
    I don't know how people hunt while not wearing muck boots. I have a pair of Locrosse muck boots that I wear all the time. You made a good decision!

PriestEG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 4, 2011
    Indianapolis
    i have a pair of Muck Boot Co. boots that i purchased 2 seasons ago for 79.99. I Love Them!! rated for the 60 to -40 degree insulated set.
    1. they keep my feet dry in wet conditions. ie. wet grass, swampy areas, in and out of boat with dogs, etc.
    2. they keep my feet warm sitting in a cold deer stand in late archery.
    3. they have held up great for the 2 years of hunting i have put them thru.

i pass my recommendation for them after my personal experience. extremely comfortable and have held up great

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    My Muck boots have held up well. Even using them to stomp shovels and soil probes. These tools tear up the soles of my other boots. Only problem is the before mentioned sweaty feet.

herby31

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2010
    fort wayne
    just rec'd the pair of muck boot company woody armors that I ordered for deer season. I intend to wear them to do one last scouting trip and hang my stand, i will try to remember to let u know how i like them. initial impression is that they are sturdy, comfortable boots. we shall see if they were worth the price.

wore them today. walked a short distance (1/2 mile or so) and they were comfy. Kept the wet grass from getting my feet wet, but the sweat was almost as bad. They feel like they will do well in my treestand in a few weeks though. I have yet to really try the durability, but some of the trees I was pruning/ walking around and under had 2-3 inch thorns and the "armored" upper portion of the boot held up with no issues. I am excited to see how these hold up to long use in the cold, wet, and mud.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I have two sets of boots and a set of camp shoes. While not an every purpose boot, they have served well.

Couple tips:

- I hiked a lot of miles up and down Jackson creek trout fishing with a Colt Agent concealed against my calf under the neoprene.

- Mr. Ward (above) showed me that folding down the tops made the boots way more versatile in varying environments. Down for driving, hiking, etc. Up for waters edge or wading. Your feet can breath better in the heat this way also.
    Pants can go over the folded down boot tops to look less obvios that you are wearing knee boots. IE, "Bubba" heading home from the sheep. :):

Top Bottom