• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    This poll was already mentioned in this thread. Interestingly, they have gone from 71% against Target to 57% supporting Target's position in the last 18 hours.

Thought it was a request not a ban.
    Accuracy from MSNBC? They also state it the one option as Target is infringing on the Second Amendment, which is impossible. This is a propaganda tool, not really intended to reflect an honest assessment of American's views.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Thought it was a request not a ban.
    They will "kindly request" you to take yourself out of their store to remove your gun.

It states like Indiana it would actually be difficult to "ban" concealed carry.

In states like Illinois, Ohio, Texas, North Carolina, etc that allow signs to carry the force of law it is easy to "ban" guns in those states.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    They will "kindly request" you to take yourself out of their store to remove your gun.

It states like Indiana it would actually be difficult to "ban" concealed carry.

In states like Illinois, Ohio, Texas, North Carolina, etc that allow signs to carry the force of law it is easy to "ban" guns in those states.

No they won't, they have reapetly stated they are still following local laws

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    No they won't, they have reapetly stated they are still following local laws

And they also said they are asking people with guns to leave your gun outside.

Apparently you did not read their own words on the topic?

So they won't kick you out, but they will respectfully tell you to take it outside and leave it outside, in Indiana. In any state that allows a "no guns" sign to carry the force of law, its pretty clear what will happen.

Here is their public press release on the issue:

The leadership team has been weighing a complex issue, and I want to be sure everyone understands our thoughts and ultimate decision.

As you’ve likely seen in the media, there has been a debate about whether guests in communities that permit “open carry” should be allowed to bring firearms into Target stores. Our approach has always been to follow local laws, and of course, we will continue to do so. But starting today we will also respectfully request that guests not bring firearms to Target – even in communities where it is permitted by law.

We’ve listened carefully to the nuances of this debate and respect the protected rights of everyone involved. In return, we are asking for help in fulfilling our goal to create an atmosphere that is safe and inviting for our guests and team members.

This is a complicated issue, but it boils down to a simple belief: Bringing firearms to Target creates an environment that is at odds with the family-friendly shopping and work experience we strive to create.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    " Our approach has always been to follow local laws, and of course, we will continue to do so"

I guess you missed that part?

According to company spokesperson Molly Snyder, “This is a request, but not a policy or prohibition.”

no signs, no ban and nobody is supposed to be asked to leave

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    " Our approach has always been to follow local laws, and of course, we will continue to do so"

I guess you missed that part?

According to company spokesperson Molly Snyder, “This is a request, but not a policy or prohibition.”

no signs, no ban and nobody is supposed to be asked to leave
    No sir, I didn't miss any part of the press release that I posted.

You are simply parsing out the parts you want and ignoring the pertanent portions.

But I'm not here to argue with you about the obvious.

Clearly this is an Anti-Gun/Anti-Gun Owner policy and if you choose to support the company with your money that is obviously your choice. Others may choose differently. We each can do as we wish.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    Important part is what Molly Snyder clarified, sorry I didn't post the press release where she said it, I'm sure your superior internet powers can find it

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch

where did you hear that? I called the manager of greenwood store and they said I am free to legally carry in the store, they just prefer if I didn't but it stops at a verbal request.

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    A buddy of mine who is in the National Guard also said that Target is anti-military. I haven't looked up sources but that would be a double whamey against them in my book.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    A buddy of mine who is in the National Guard also said that Target is anti-military. I haven't looked up sources but that would be a double whamey against them in my book.

I think ink that goes back to a rumor that spread during the gulf wars. Somebody asked them for a cash donation for the troops and they said no. BUUUUUT... (And here is the part they missed) they were already donating product to the USO and other support orgs.

ilikeguns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Prairie Creek
    No sir, I didn't miss any part of the press release that I posted.

You are simply parsing out the parts you want and ignoring the pertanent portions.

But I'm not here to argue with you about the obvious.

Clearly this is an Anti-Gun/Anti-Gun Owner policy and if you choose to support the company with your money that is obviously your choice. Others may choose differently. We each can do as we wish.
    You are reading more into it than is there. No where, even in the release you posted, does it say any one will be asked to leave. This is a "feel good"statement to release pressure from the antis while not really changing anything.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    You are reading more into it than is there. No where, even in the release you posted, does it say any one will be asked to leave. This is a "feel good"statement to release pressure from the antis while not really changing anything.

I've been saying this but everyone wants to be mad

Shawn156

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    Indiana
    No Target store in my city but if there was,I would still carry my firearm with me.Those worthless signs are not going to stop a criminal from coming in and shooting the place up,I see it as an invitation for the criminals to do so since Target is asking for guns not to be brought in the store. To many mass shootings this year already,my life as well as my families lives are more important.

Top Bottom