• ...and so much more!
  • ColdSteel223

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 18, 2009
    Bloomington, IN

Bump for July 3rd 6PM

Reminder for the monthly meeting. It is on Tuesday this month because of the holiday on the 4th.

Mr. Hibachi East 3rd St Bloomington, IN.
    Usual group discussion and After Action Reports of training attended.

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    I'm not a Militia person, I was in the actual military for 16 years and I'm done with it.
    Too old, fat & slow anyway to go 'Play Soldier'...

While the idea of a MAG is a REALLY good one, I've not seen them work very often since outside the MAG people don't socialize or do business.
    BTW, a side business is a good way to pay for, or at least make some of the costs tax deductable...
    For instance, When I owned a starter, alternator & battery supply business, wind & water generators weren't going to be an issue for the MAG, or even engine driven generators.
    (A common car alternator can be an effective welder, generator in both AC & DC, from 6 volts to 48 volts, it's all in how you wire them)

I guess it comes down to actual expertises, and not the random stuff you find on the internet.
    Plowing, planting, canning & preservation, animal husbandry & making the most of what's available is what feeds people, once fed & watered they can do other things.
    Out of shape guys running gun drills (poorly) wastes time & money, and anyone that had to eat MREs or worse yet, that dehydrated sawdust tasting 'Survival' crap for very long knows the value of a good meal!
    So when I think 'Bad Times' I think of grandma's pantry & grandpa's root cellar, depression era river folk that wasted nothing & never turned anyone away hungry...

When I think 'Bad Times' I think of my big American canners, a crap load of mason jars, my hand cranked grinders, and a big garden.
    People think it's 'Funny' (strange) a Marine gets excited during canning season and is more interested in new recipes than the latest firearm or holster or whatever. So I'm strange, but I'm well fed, and a man can't work well on poor feed!

I think I might like to sit in on one of your meetings, but I'm usually not in the state on Wednesdays.
    Do you ever meet other than Wednesdays?
    Would you have a need for a machinist/electrical geek with actual experience in off grid electrical power generation?

Pamcake

Don't Tread On Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Franklin
    Hi JeepHammer,

All are welcome to attend, and the meetings are on the first Wednesday unless posted otherwise (date/time changes as decided by the group). Some of our members have to request time off unfortunately months in advance to attend. I wish it were easier for you to come, we'd like to meet you.

We are not a militia.

This group has been meeting for many years, encompasses many professions, and is very stable. We would welcome you to join us and see what topics come up... this week we talked (among other topics) fermented foods from our garden produce, sleep deprivation & health benefits of napping, sampled raw turmeric, celebrated a birthday, talked about the new health food store coming soon, heard about some training classes, and had some scenario discussions.

Bring your own topics for discussion :), we'd like to hear them!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...We are not a militia...

taylor-swift-head-shake-sneer.gif

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    This group has been meeting for many years, encompasses many professions, and is very stable. We would welcome you to join us and see what topics come up... this week we talked (among other topics) fermented foods from our garden produce, sleep deprivation & health benefits of napping, sampled raw turmeric, celebrated a birthday, talked about the new health food store coming soon, heard about some training classes, and had some scenario discussions.

I'm disappointed that you didn't mention anything about making bwframe turn bright red just by saying one of the secret code words to him. I still crack-up when I think about that. Naturally, my version omits any responsibility I may or may not have for having in some way encouraged (or not) it to happen.

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    I suck at fermenting. Good ideas I could have used...

I got the whole "Not A Militia" thing or I wouldn't have responded.
    A MAG helps everyone involved, and some that are just close.
    I don't know how many times I went and pulled wiring at someone's home or garage build, showed someone how to home can, helped fix cars or equipment, even got in on sinking a water well in sand once, that was an education! I had no idea you could just sink a sand well like that...
    Now I know!

I enjoy learning, and teaching.
    There is an entire generation that can't take the top off the ketchup bottle and get it back on without hiring an 'Expert', the few that will get away from the video games don't have people to teach them...
    Even fewer that think "What If?", Economy in the toilet, fire, flood, tornado, chemical spill/disaster, ...

.... And you meet some really GOOD, rock solid people!
    Nothing like having friends that when someone mentions they have a project cooking, they try & help.

When I'm home, it's CANNING SEASON! My favorite time of the year!
    The kitchen smells so good! (Sure beats watching talk shows...)

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Come join us for dinner sir! Your contributions will be appreciated.

You'll find that our group is more of a like minded network as opposed to a type of organization. We don't really have a format, we just meet for dinner once a month on the first Wednesday.

Top Bottom