• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indysafe317

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    Indy South Side
    I'd venture to say it is not msg2..... There was maybe 20 of us and I am pretty sure the majority of meet up is not on ingo.

We would meet up at various homes and have more relaxed get togethers and training... And was free.

I know at the last ISD class I was at there were only like 3 ingo people there and the rest were meet up and some had never heard of ingo.

Since ISD seems to be the primary meet up spot I would not consider that area south side.

The problem with msg2 was that it like the others covers such a large area of IN that many had to drive an hour just to get to the place.

I'd be interested in a true south side group. Ie beech grove greenwood southport ect ect.
    Absolutely right, It is a mixed group for sure, a combination of several groups as a matter of fact. I have been a member here for a long time but just couldn't get enough people on INGO alone for a steady group. If you get something started on the South side, I'd probably come by there as well. I've went up and done a few talks up North to try and help get a group started up there too. Not every group is for everybody. I think the more options, the better. If you do get something started and want me to post your meetings on the Meetup to try and get your membership up, just let me know. Happy to help out.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Absolutely right, It is a mixed group for sure, a combination of several groups as a matter of fact. I have been a member here for a long time but just couldn't get enough people on INGO alone for a steady group. If you get something started on the South side, I'd probably come by there as well. I've went up and done a few talks up North to try and help get a group started up there too. Not every group is for everybody. I think the more options, the better. If you do get something started and want me to post your meetings on the Meetup to try and get your membership up, just let me know. Happy to help out.

I think I may have miss understood your "we are meeting" to be we as in MSG2 not we as in meet up.... My apologies.

I have not joined meet up yet... I am a member of so many forums that I have forgotten some... Ingo is the only one I really post on anymore... Meet up has been tempting me....

I can think of 12 forums I was active on at one point..... And I'm sure I am forgetting some... All since 2001

indysafe317

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    Indy South Side
    I think I may have miss understood your "we are meeting" to be we as in MSG2 not we as in meet up.... My apologies.

I have not joined meet up yet... I am a member of so many forums that I have forgotten some... Ingo is the only one I really post on anymore... Meet up has been tempting me....

I can think of 12 forums I was active on at one point..... And I'm sure I am forgetting some... All since 2001
    Yep, definitely not a MSG, but we have picked up allot of members from here as well. It's interesting to say the least. We have actually had people leave the Meetup because they didn't like that we had some meetings at a gun shop. I don't get it but... To each there own. The Meetup group is a Hodge Podge of all different walks but mainly focused on Self Sustainability, Gardening, Prepping, Chickens, Ham Radio and so on. We do have some general firearms safety meetups but that's not the main focus. Meetup.com is definitely addictive. I've joined several groups from Hiking to Fishing, something for everyone. Let me know if you think we can help. You may be on to something though just having get together occasionally. I went to a few like that in Greenfield and it seemed to work well.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    I'll see about making a thread. Greenfield area is not out of the question... I drive it all the time but when most are having to drive an hour plus it killed it fast haha.

My schedule changes every two months and I work out of town quite a bit and have a family so smaller less formal stuff works great for me and I'm sure many.

Leaving meet up because of a gun shop is odd but there are some anti guns and violent topic preppers out there.

rlspach

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    The MSG's are too large. I'd love to connect with like-minded folks in the cloverdale/greencastle area.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    The MSG's are too large. I'd love to connect with like-minded folks in the cloverdale/greencastle area.

I just made a thread for the south side area... I honesty feel smaller groups ie smaller areas would do a lot better then the large groups. I think there is only one MSG still around now... Was 3.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    We started on for Hendricks country and have a few from the west side of Indy in our group...We lost our place to meet this month because where we were meeting at lost their least...I don't want people i do not know coming to home. The ones that have been regularly coming to our meeting is OK but it would be hard to grow. I don't mind driving to the east side sometimes but I just don't know how those people can help me in a SHTF scenario.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We started on for Hendricks country and have a few from the west side of Indy in our group...We lost our place to meet this month because where we were meeting at lost their least...I don't want people i do not know coming to home. The ones that have been regularly coming to our meeting is OK but it would be hard to grow. I don't mind driving to the east side sometimes but I just don't know how those people can help me in a SHTF scenario.

Knowing folks from a wide area would be good but true, hard to get out if fuel/supplies are limited.
    We base our contacts west of indy on a route that will take us to BOL.

Still interested in meeting like minded folks.

Grizhicks

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    New Palestine
    To All -- If I recall correctly, when the MSG-2 group was started several years ago, it was not designed to be a total mid-state group, but just a starting point. Keith, who's home we had a couple meetings at was in Greenfield, got "the ball rolling" and had a nice place to meet (even if was a little far for some). I think the goal was to have a couple big meets, more of "meet & greets" to see who was interested and try to find where folks were located, and help get more localized groups started (which it looks like what is now going on).

While I'm not part of any group (and not 100% convinced of the need), I'm more than willing to help any group with communications and come to a meeting and give a short talk on emergency communications.

Good Luck to all and your efforts (& hopefully they'll never be needed).... Greg/Grizhicks

Top Bottom