• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • XDdreams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 12, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Area 2 msg appears to be non-existant, and this is disappointing. A few have tried to revive area 2 and appear to have lost interest, or simply aren't talking about it here on the forum. I for one very much want this group to be a success, it could be the deciding factor for survival. How can the few of us come together and revive this useful tool ? I guess let's start by talking and identifying those of us interested in participating.

roisigns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Oct 5, 2011
    cincy
    We met for dinner in Greenfield earlier this year. Ten people attended. Saturdays work best, I've learned.

We met at a busy restaurant & it was hard to get to know everyone. Perhaps we could meet at a library & watch a movie on a survival related topic & discuss.

I would recommend one called After Armageddon.

Last edited:

XDdreams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 12, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Fantastic idea. I live in the Irvington area and there's a library near me. I believe its on Washington and Audubon. We could meet there ?

Kmcinnes

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Hendricks County
    Problem is in my opinion is that MSG 2 covers so much area. I think what limits involvement is when you have to drive an hour plus there and back. Just takes so much time. I think having MSG 2 broken up by county for locall meets and the have a few regional meets would be great. Plus I would be relying on local MSG 2 people more than I would a MSG 2 people that are on the east side of Indy (no offense) but during SHTF it will all be local to start with. Just my opinion but I think involvement would be much greater on a county scale.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Problem is in my opinion is that MSG 2 covers so much area. I think what limits involvement is when you have to drive an hour plus there and back. Just takes so much time. I think having MSG 2 broken up by county for locall meets and the have a few regional meets would be great. Plus I would be relying on local MSG 2 people more than I would a MSG 2 people that are on the east side of Indy (no offense) but during SHTF it will all be local to start with. Just my opinion but I think involvement would be much greater on a county scale.

I agree 100%. It needs to be broken down into smaller geographic sections. Then once the small groups are establihed, we could have larger quarterly meetings.

XDdreams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 12, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I agree with you. It makes more sense to break down msg 2 by county. I also love
    the idea of larger regional meets say, quarterly.

What can we do in our counties to get msg 2 going ? We should pool our ideas together and see what we come up with. Feel free to pm anytime.

gvsugod

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   1
    Mar 19, 2012
    SW Indianapolis
    Once the primary is over (im a consultant) I am game for something. I m new to Indy and really want to meet people. Keep me posted on anything that is planned.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I think we tried to identify interested folks by their locations in MSG2 awhile back. What probably makes more sense than trying to organize by counties, is trying to organize by geographic locations. For example, I've got buddies in Marion County and Hancock County, but they are mostly too far away for immediate support. Eastern Hendricks, Southern Hamilton and Southwestern Boone county folks are much closer to me, as are folks in NW Indy. Perhaps you should try to organize around localities, such as Fishers, Carmel, Zionsville, etc.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    I went to a meeting or two when it first started but one meeting was at a members house almost an hour away...... So yeah...

Count me in but work schedule changes and sometimes work late into the evening, don't work a typical mon-fri.

Live on the se side of Indianapolis (I-65 between southport rd and county line rd exit area ) and have a descent sized basketball court/backyard/fire pit/parking. Again with work though I can only schedule maybe two weeks out at most.

Neighbors are oc freindly.

I think the big problem when msg2 first started was the distances people had to travel.... Think that breaking it up to smaller areas would be wise.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    We are meeting regularly and have various meetups around indy. We organize all our stuff through:

Indiana Disaster Preparedness / Survival (Indianapolis, IN) - Meetup

I'd venture to say it is not msg2..... There was maybe 20 of us and I am pretty sure the majority of meet up is not on ingo.

We would meet up at various homes and have more relaxed get togethers and training... And was free.

I know at the last ISD class I was at there were only like 3 ingo people there and the rest were meet up and some had never heard of ingo.

Since ISD seems to be the primary meet up spot I would not consider that area south side.

The problem with msg2 was that it like the others covers such a large area of IN that many had to drive an hour just to get to the place.

I'd be interested in a true south side group. Ie beech grove greenwood southport ect ect.

Top Bottom