• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    good sized paintball place in princeton, silver spur. would be good for learning basic ground tatics. I have played for years, but never speed ball. We have always played in woods. Im also pretty sure terrorists practice with paintball guns.....

agentl074

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    First, I doubt a paintball facility would allow realistic force-on-force type exercises to be conducted by ordinary Earth people (non-mil/LE) on its premises.

Second, you'd still have to contend with the technical differences associated with the guns (markers) themselves, such as ergonomics, manual of arms, lack of sights, and amount of ammo carried/shot. Even if you don't intend it to be firearms training, you could be unconsciously building in some bad habits. Ask me how I know.

Finally, I agree with tyler34 that two relatively large groups of people having a shootout isn't a realistic enough scenario, even in the worst of times, to warrant training for it. There would be better uses for the MSG's collective time, IMO. But then, I'm not a part of one, so I might well be mistaken.

My :twocents:

Or you could have Force on Force in a barn at someones farm (inclement weather) or on the farm itself weather permitting - liability waivers would be advised....

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    As far a an activity to get to meet people, then work in groups, plan, communicate etc, not to mention the physicality aspect, it might be interesting. I've taken part in cave rescue training, and for all the class room activity, the real bonding, team work came into place during the mock rescue. I would find this activity interesting...I don't know about force on force training issues, etc, but I could see a benefit too this.

Go Devil

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    I do custom tailored team events as well as teach primitive skills for a living.

If any MSG's are interested I would be happy to organize and operate an event on our property or at a location near your specific groups.

I would be willing to do this for MSG's on this site at cost of materials (minimal) and barter.

Check out the photo page on our website to get an idea of what one of our events looks like.
    Photos

I don't like to peddle my wares in this format, but I believe I can offer something that all of us could benefit from.

GD

Richard

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    USMC,

Us Andersonians should probably concentrate more on recruitment & communications as training & tactics should come after we've got an operational local MSG organization in place.

And personally I think our local MSG mission focus should be the organized temporary relocation (evac) of MSG members & their families who become displaced during a SHTF event.

Granted we will have to train/prepare to do an "evac while under fire" but I think the less emphasis on "combat" type missions the better.

agentl074

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    *crickets*

Ok I guess the "emergency evac" focus wasn't a very popular proposal, however it is a much more practical one & one that is also much less likely to raise any eyebrows at any of the alphabet soup agencies.

People like myself who are have rural farms could create a sort of neighborhood watch patrol (armed obviously) with communication and codes since radios are the least secure means of communication whether CB or UHF/VHF etc.

Richard

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    People like myself who are have rural farms could create a sort of neighborhood watch patrol (armed obviously) with communication and codes since radios are the least secure means of communication whether CB or UHF/VHF etc.

Neighborhood watches are good, I belong to my local neighborhood watch.

Anyway my thought was along these lines ...

SHTF & emergency services are tied up dealing with a massive series of thunderstorms that just passed through & wrecked all sorts of havok, a call comes over the radio, apparently a fellow INGO MSG members farm is in danger of being flooded out by bad weather.

Our MSG group springs into action, our goal is not to stop the rising river (that'd be impossible without heavy equipment and lots of materials) but what we can do is jump into our pickup trucks and head out there & quickly help him and his family load up belongings that they don't want destroyed when the water crests waist deep in his living room.

Granted he & his family could have just grabbed their BOBs and jumped into their BOV but man that's awhole lot of suck having to leave all of their stuff behind to be destroyed like that.

agentl074

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008

SHTF & emergency services are tied up dealing with a massive series of thunderstorms that just passed through & wrecked all sorts of havok, a call comes over the radio, apparently a fellow INGO MSG members farm is in danger of being flooded out by bad weather.

Our MSG group springs into action, our goal is not to stop the rising river (that'd be impossible without heavy equipment and lots of materials) but what we can do is jump into our pickup trucks and head out there & quickly help him and his family load up belongings that they don't want destroyed when the water crests waist deep in his living room.

Granted he & his family could have just grabbed their BOBs and jumped into their BOV but man that's awhole lot of suck having to leave all of their stuff behind to be destroyed like that.

Very true!

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington

+1 to you. that was what I envisioned MSG's being from the get go

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    Paint ball is a good way to practice shooting from cover. You will learn quickly if you are exposed.

Thoughts:

If you want to ramp the up the MSG's then for each group:

1. Determine who is in or out. Do you let anyone in? What process do you use to admit new members. You dont want the militia racist wacko in your group.

2. Communicate- how will you get a hold of each member 24-7? Dedicate one or 2 guys as Comm guys. Build lists with info available to each member.

3. Find out what each member brings to the table. You can not mutually support anyone if you fail at taking care of your own family. Honest inventory of each members Food, water, medical supplies/training, guns, ammo, fuel, back up heat, power, etc. Make suggestions to each member on how they can improve their own preps. I would communicate all this encrypted.

4. What are the most likely threats and triggers? How will you respond and when. Hammer this out now.

5. How are you going to handle relatives of members tagging along? Grandma who is in a wheelchair, Sisters, Brothers.

6. Pool some money and store some "provisions" in a secure central location, to be accessed as needed. Common equipment by members would be a must for this to happen.

Just thinking out loud, there are plenty of really important issues that need to be hammered out before you go out and start slinging lead downrange.

The more prepped the population is the better off we all are.

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Something that might be interesting is a basic list of preps that a person (family) could do. That could be step one, then perhaps more detailed list, the idea being that each person would have a certian amount of self reliance, with each person being better prepared and able to stand on their own. My thought that is if we can help each other be better prepared, then we would be able to help each other better in the event something happens. This could be expanded by skill sets, such as recomendations to take first responder classes, orienteering classes, self defense, etc. Additionally week-end hiking trips and other recreational opportunities can be used as group building and training, as well as physical fitness activities. All very informal at one level, but with a philosophy/outlook behind it. Does that make sense?

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I do custom tailored team events as well as teach primitive skills for a living.

If any MSG's are interested I would be happy to organize and operate an event on our property or at a location near your specific groups.

I would be willing to do this for MSG's on this site at cost of materials (minimal) and barter.

Check out the photo page on our website to get an idea of what one of our events looks like.
    Photos

I don't like to peddle my wares in this format, but I believe I can offer something that all of us could benefit from.

GD

Thank you for stepping forward, and I understand feeling uncomfortable, but if people do not let us know what they can do, we cannot use the opportunity. AND trainers should be compensated for their costs.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    A couple of points:

1. This is all good stuff to talk about at the MSG CAMPING TRIP that is currently VERY UNDER-ATTENDED.

2. Commo ideas? Are you all signed up for the commo class?

Now as for other points:

1. Group training? That is a great idea, and we already have many trainers here on this site. That is a winning combination. And paintball has nothing on real, professional training.

2. Group activities? Absolutely. You want to practice moving in a line, walking without making a ruckus and working as a team - go squirrel hunting in packs of 3. Practice skills and get some yum yums.

3. Group building? Sure we have all the likelyhood of picking up a loon here or there, or perhaps even a person who might suggest some really bad ideas (and in the worst case may be getting paid to do so...). So long as all is above board, then all is good. Just don't be tempted into being stupid.

Oh, did I mention the camping trip? We are even going to do shooting that morning...

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    I didn't realize that the camping trip was under attended...I usually work on Saturdays mornings and figured sice you had room for 20 families, to leave the opportunity open for those who had kid type families, and could attend the whole weekend. Perhaps I should refigure it. Techres, can I person attend for part of it, or show up late?

If people are up for day hikes around Bloomington, I have a lot of day time availability, and need to get the dogs out more. I also kayak and canoe, do some caving, and vertical caving. Am interested in gardening and would like to get chickens going soon. I have an industrial sewing machine, and while not an excellent seamster, I can assemble and follow a pattern. So there are some theings that I can offer, off hand.

Top Bottom