• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SERVED_USMC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 29, 2008
    Lake County
    Can someone PM me the info for the company we would be going through. If nothing else Ill just buy a few cases from them direct? Just in case this doesnt materialize into a group buy.

mutt

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    All indians, no chiefs

The exact opposite of a job site

Can't do it but I would be grateful tom who ever did. I would be in for a at least $250 worth of cases

nate1865

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2010
    Indiana
    "There's no such thing as a free MRE lunch."

Either we cough up the few extra dollars for our shipment individually or we have someone donate their time and energy to ship it in those quantities for us.

I'm guessing that it is more efficient to have trucks that are already going our way drop off a few things for us, and less expensive after you tally up what we might pay someone unwilling to donate their time to us and use their vehicle.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Ok, I am committed to getting this done, like I did last time. GarlicB gave me the contact information so Monday I'll call the contact and find out the particulars and then post information on how we're going to do it in the group buy section. That's where I'll officially take the orders and I'll post a link in this thread.

FYI: I am NOT going to do the crap of "collect money in advance." I don't want a lynch mob showing up at my place if there's a snag. If we have enough interest to account for a significant portion of them I'm going to buy the damn things outright and then people can pay for them ONCE I HAVE THEM IN MY POSSESSION. It'll be first come, first served based on posting in the official thread. If there's way more interest than can account for the first pallet, I'll do a second after the first one is distributed and paid for. Folks will have an opportunity to change their minds up until a day or so before *I* have paid for them. Once *I* have paid for them then anyone who backs out will get a -1 from me posted and not be eligible in the future if I do it again. Sorry to be a hardass about that, but there is little to no thanks for putting these things together and the last thing I need is to be stuck with half a pallet of them.

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold
    Thanks for doing this....your criteria seems fair.

Ok, I am committed to getting this done, like I did last time. GarlicB gave me the contact information so Monday I'll call the contact and find out the particulars and then post information on how we're going to do it in the group buy section. That's where I'll officially take the orders and I'll post a link in this thread.

FYI: I am NOT going to do the crap of "collect money in advance." I don't want a lynch mob showing up at my place if there's a snag. If we have enough interest to account for a significant portion of them I'm going to buy the damn things outright and then people can pay for them ONCE I HAVE THEM IN MY POSSESSION. It'll be first come, first served based on posting in the official thread. If there's way more interest than can account for the first pallet, I'll do a second after the first one is distributed and paid for. Folks will have an opportunity to change their minds up until a day or so before *I* have paid for them. Once *I* have paid for them then anyone who backs out will get a -1 from me posted and not be eligible in the future if I do it again. Sorry to be a hardass about that, but there is little to no thanks for putting these things together and the last thing I need is to be stuck with half a pallet of them.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Ok, it's a go. The official group buy sign up thread is here:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...riqual_a_pack_mres_56_a_case.html#post1806869

I don't have time or inclination to sort out who requested what in this thread and this thread is stale anyway since it's been over a month since the feeler. I am OFFICIALLY taking orders in that thread. Nothing posted here will count. PMs to me won't count. I'm not going to respond to a PM that asks a question answered in that thread.

Last edited:

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    I just got off the phone with Mc Cullough's in Brazil, IN and they still have both A and B packs of 2009 MRE's and if you buy two cases it is $50 a case.

MRE XXIX (2009)
    01 - Chili w/Beans
    02 - Pork Rib
    03 - Beef Ravioli
    04 - Maple Sausage
    05 - Chicken Breast
    06 - Chicken w/Noodles
    07 - Beef Brisket
    08 - Meatballs w/Marinara
    09 - Beef Stew
    10 - Chili & Macaroni
    11 - Vegetable Lasagna
    12 - Veggie Burger w/BBQ Sauce
    13 - Cheese Tortellini
    14 - Spicy Penne Pasta
    15 - Beef Enchilada
    16 - Chicken Fajita
    17 - Sloppy Joe
    18 - Beef Patty
    19 - Pot Roast w/Vegetables
    20 - Spaghetti w/Meat Sauce
    21 - Tuna
    22 - Chicken w/Dumplings
    23 - Chicken Pesto & Pasta
    24 - Buffalo Chicken

I will be heading that way Friday afternoon if someone in the Terre Haute area is interested in aquiring some PM me.

Last edited:

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    MRE'S ARE BACK IN STOCK AT ARMYGEAR.NET!!!!! Yahoo!!

I just bought some real mres for less than $4.7 delivered.

Last edited:

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Figures. I think it's one of those things that when they get the MRE's they don't last long. I think word has gotten out on what a great deal these are.

Top Bottom