• ...and so much more!
  • Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    He looks like he'd be a fun dude to ring steel with.

I honestly think this was the first video of his that I've watched, too.

addictedhealer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    Monroe County
    Just watched it. I like both but carry a kahr... :dunno:

I have shot my kahr against the 43 and shield and there isn't enough advantage with the shield or 43 for me to change. The 43 is a sweet piece for the size.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I like his videos. He has an every day kind of take on carry and shooting in general. He's the polar opposite of James Yeager. Yeager tends to take the 'operator' view of the world. Both of their videos are entertaining, but Noir's would have a bigger impact on guns I might consider.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    I like his videos. He has an every day kind of take on carry and shooting in general. He's the polar opposite of James Yeager. Yeager tends to take the 'operator' view of the world. Both of their videos are entertaining, but Noir's would have a bigger impact on guns I might consider.

I agree they are both entertaining, but Yeager's videos are not polished at all and his foul mouth gets to be grating after awhile. He also comes across as extremely arrogant and dismissive of any opinion other than his own, whereas Noir seems to respect possible other points of view. It is so bad, that even when I agree with him, I want to disagree just so I don't have to endorse the decoration around his opinions. If I had the chance to choose one of these guys to hang out with at the range, Noir would win, hands down.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    I enjoyed the video and found it informative. I shot the Shield and loved it, I have never shot a Glock before (I only fired my first 1911 yesterday - please don't ban me Churchmouse).

That said comparing a factory standard Shield to a customized Glock isn't a fair test.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I agree they are both entertaining, but Yeager's videos are not polished at all and his foul mouth gets to be grating after awhile. He also comes across as extremely arrogant and dismissive of any opinion other than his own, whereas Noir seems to respect possible other points of view.

The issue that I have with Noir's videos is that he almost comes across as TOO polished or rehearsed, or maybe he's just trying too hard. He also frequently makes references to pop culture stuff that I'm sure would be terribly clever if I had any clue what the hell he was talking about, or gave a crap. :dunno:

Don't care for Noir OR Yeager. Make mine MAC. ;)

Grease

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 28, 2015
    Dirty south
    I agree they are both entertaining, but Yeager's videos are not polished at all and his foul mouth gets to be grating after awhile. He also comes across as extremely arrogant and dismissive of any opinion other than his own, whereas Noir seems to respect possible other points of view. It is so bad, that even when I agree with him, I want to disagree just so I don't have to endorse the decoration around his opinions. If I had the chance to choose one of these guys to hang out with at the range, Noir would win, hands down.

I just think Noir is flat out smarter, more respectful and way more knowledgable than Yeager.

I I watched a couple of Yeager's vids and just knew from his on screen attitude that he is not a pleasant person, that is not the case with Noir.

Grease

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 28, 2015
    Dirty south
    I also like watching Hickcock45, Gunblast, Nutnfancy and what has lately become my favorite MrGunsnGear on YouTube.

He he gives solid reviews from his perspective, is a nice person to talk with via messaging or email and really tries to show some nice gear with realistic applications, not all the silly 300lbs armchair commando silliness.

marmion

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2010
    IMHO you must include the Glock 19 in a Sheild vs Glock 43 decision. For a lot of people the small amount of extra weight and size is well worth the extra rounds. And for most it will be much easier to shoot.

flintlock9

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2013
    Indy
    I enjoyed the video and found it informative. I shot the Shield and loved it, I have never shot a Glock before (I only fired my first 1911 yesterday - please don't ban me Churchmouse).

That said comparing a factory standard Shield to a customized Glock isn't a fair test.

Its been a little while since i watched this video, but doesn't he address that at the end? Something like you need to add x, y, and z to the glock to get the mag capacity and change out the sights, on par with the shield?

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    He likes the Glock better because of its high bore axis....
    This confuses me. I don't know much about the fine points of handguns but I have been checking out the Arsenal Strike One, which makes a point of boasting the lowest bore axis in the world and as I understand it, this lowers target re-acquisition time. So would not a high bore axis increase muzzle flip and increase target re-acquisition?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    This confuses me. I don't know much about the fine points of handguns but I have been checking out the Arsenal Strike One, which makes a point of boasting the lowest bore axis in the world and as I understand it, this lowers target re-acquisition time. So would not a high bore axis increase muzzle flip and increase target re-acquisition?
    The only reason I pointed out this comment from him is that the GLock guys have ridiculed Sigs for years because of this issue. Honestly, I don't think it is nearly as big a deal as some want to paint it. I think it is just something that so-called experts can pontificate about. Revolvers have a naturally high bore axis and people don't whine about it. Just shoot what you have until you are accustomed to it.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    The only reason I pointed out this comment from him is that the GLock guys have ridiculed Sigs for years because of this issue. Honestly, I don't think it is nearly as big a deal as some want to paint it. I think it is just something that so-called experts can pontificate about. Revolvers have a naturally high bore axis and people don't whine about it. Just shoot what you have until you are accustomed to it.

Can't compare the "higher bore axis" on a revolver with the same on a semi-auto, however. You can choke way up on a revolver to mitigate that, but can only go so high on a semi-auto.

Top Bottom