• E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Thanks,

I am not going to lose my job over it. :dunno:

yep my point exactly with some police on many issues. they just turn a blind eye and keep on marching. how about standing up and saying this isnt right and getting some of your peers to follow you? the citizens will support you for doing the right thing/ you answer to the people, not a supervisor.

03mustgt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    yep my point exactly with some police on many issues. they just turn a blind eye and keep on marching. how about standing up and saying this isnt right and getting some of your peers to follow you? the citizens will support you for doing the right thing/ you answer to the people, not a supervisor.

I wish it were that simple. If I truly believed that another LEO was doing something illegal or violating someones rights then they would be on their own. Kind of hard to get in trouble for not doing something illegal.(I have done this before). You have to pick your battles.

Now if its an issue that isnt popular but still within the scope of the law, I am not going to lose my job over it.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    Within the scope of which laws? Our Constitutional laws or these types of laws? I'm sure the Nazis simply didn't want to lose their jobs either.

Nuremberg Laws - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Like I've heard many, many, many INGO Police Officer say "Just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should." That applies to arresting American citizens for dancing as well.

03mustgt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Within the scope of which laws? Our Constitutional laws or these types of laws? I'm sure the Nazis simply didn't want to lose their jobs either.

Nuremberg Laws - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Like I've heard many, many, many INGO Police Officer say "Just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should." That applies to arresting American citizens for dancing as well.

Please read my earlier post.

Thanks,
    JBT

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Please read my earlier post.

Thanks,
    JBT

i dont think you are a JBT. i think i dont agree with you on everything but i dont with my wife either :):

I think overall you probly do a fine job and you love america just as much as anyone who believes in freedom.

my points are to spark debate and thought especially among LEO's. I give you my word that I do not hate all cops. I only hate ones who abuse their granted authority and the ones who break the law and I hate the double standards I see cops get, and I also hate some department policies which I believe violate our rights. I think if we dont correct certain things then we ARE headed to a full blown police state. if we all stand up together I think we can save our republic in a peaceful manner, but it will take everyone and it will take actions instead of words, and it takes balls, because yes some people will get fired or maybe worse. even if you lost a job, dont you think you could get another one easily if you are good at what you do? dont take this to heart because im not pointing the next sentence at you. for me i would be proud to lose a job because I stood for what was right (even if not technically illegal) rather than to cave in and go along with something just to keep my job. for me personally I would feel as if I was compromising my integrity. I wont do it. not for any amount of money, and I have real past situations where, I stood up against it in a job, actually a career where i made more money than I could ever again dream to make in my life. but im proud of my choices.

Last edited:

03mustgt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    i dont think you are a JBT. i think i dont agree with you on everything but i dont with my wife either :):

I think overall you probly do a fine job and you love america just as much as anyone who believes in freedom.

my points are to spark debate and thought. even if you lost a job, dont you think you could get another one easily if you are good at what you do? dont take this to heart because im not pointing the next sentence at you. for me i would be proud to lose a job because I stood for what was right (even if not technically illegal) rather than to cave in and go along with something just to keep my job. for me personally I would feel as if I was compromising my integrity. I wont do it. not for any amount of money, and I have real past situations where, I stood up against it in a job.

E5,

I can think of several instances where I have talked to other LEO's about what they are doing and how I dont agree with it. In fact I have asked many co-workers why they feel the need to disarm on a traffic stop, and how they can legally do so. Most answer with "i dont know thats what i was told", some push the officer safety issue. I have never disarmed a legally armed citizen on a traffic stop. I pick my battles.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    How many isolated incidents does it take to create a pattern ?

Duncan

If you aren't a part of the government club? Just once. It just takes one idiot to do something stupid with a gun one time and we all get punished for it. If you are part of the government club? Infinite, it never turns into a pattern and there are only isolated incidents, so obviously it would be foolish to punish them all. :noway:

03mustgt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    If you aren't a part of the government club? Just once. It just takes one idiot to do something stupid with a gun one time and we all get punished for it. If you are part of the government club? Infinite, it never turns into a pattern and there are only isolated incidents, so obviously it would be foolish to punish them all. :noway:

Yeah because after every crime committed with a gun all guns are banned. How is that dream world you are living in?

Stupid People who live in a fantasy world are why gun rights get infringed on. They believe laws and regulations will stop criminals.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Stupid People who live in a fantasy world are why gun rights get infringed on. They believe laws and regulations will stop criminals.

:+1: Bans don't save lives or keep people safe. Bans don't stop violence.

And that leads us back to OP... banning dancing only affects well-meaning people. It doesn't stop the violent break-dancers who are known for terrorizing landmarks, killing people with their deranged dance moves.

End Dance Control laws.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    Yeah because after every crime committed with a gun all guns are banned. How is that dream world you are living in?

How many bills were introduced after one AZ Congresswoman was shot, to infringe of the people's right to keep and bear arms?

Now how many bills were introduced to restrict the government's arsenal after Ruby Ridge? How about Waco, TX?

03mustgt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    How many bills were introduced after one AZ Congresswoman was shot, to infringe of the people's right to keep and bear arms?

Now how many bills were introduced to restrict the government's arsenal after Ruby Ridge? How about Waco, TX?

Introduced by a bunch of Stupid people living in a fantasy world.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    Introduced by a bunch of Stupid people living in a fantasy world.

lol, I don't disagree with you for a second there. But those stupid people in their fantasy world get real guns banned and real freedom taken away...once in a while, anyway.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY

this goes to another thread, but why then do so many people support the law barring felons from owning firearms? The only felons it actually stops are those who aren't trying to go back to prison.

/narrow self-interest

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    E5,

I can think of several instances where I have talked to other LEO's about what they are doing and how I dont agree with it. In fact I have asked many co-workers why they feel the need to disarm on a traffic stop, and how they can legally do so. Most answer with "i dont know thats what i was told", some push the officer safety issue. I have never disarmed a legally armed citizen on a traffic stop. I pick my battles.

..and thank you for that! :ingo:

Top Bottom