• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rick983

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    GSG Update

It has just been reported on some tactical websites that GSG and the importer ATI lost their case in a German court. H & K have won their suit to stop the manufactuue of these clones. This means no more GSG rifles or pistols will be made. If you want one, I wouldnt wait. :twocents:

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    October 12, 2009

Re: Heckler and Koch, Inc. vs. German Sport Guns GmbH, American Tactical Imports, Inc. Civil Action No. 1 : 09-cv-00039-WTL-JMS (S.D. Indiana)

For immediate release,

We are very pleased to report that the litigation filed by Heckler & Koch, Inc. against German Sport Guns GmbH and its U.S. distributor, American Tactical Imports, Inc., together with all counterclaims, has been settled.

The terms of the settlement are confidential to the parties and cannot be disclosed. A dismissal of the above-referenced litigation, and all of the party’s claims against each other, is expected to be filed in the near future.

Attorneys for H&K will be issuing a statement. The attorneys for ATI have already issued a statement announcing the settlement.

Production and importation of the original design GSG-5 ceased as of Oct, 8, 2009 with the signing of the agreement. The remaining inventory now in the USA can be sold by ATI, all distributors and dealers. ATI currently has GSG-5’s in stock.

All sales of the GSG-5 by ATI must conclude by January 31, 2010. ATI will continue to service every firearm that it imports into the USA.

Thank you for your support.
    Anthony DiChario
    President C.E.O.
    American Tactical Imports, Inc.

ncthorn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Columbus, OH
    This pisses me off beyond belief. I mean it would be one thing if HK actually cared about the civilian market, or if they even made a .22LR MP5. I really do hate that company. So much that I would have a hard time buying any factory HK product. Screw them.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I mean it would be one thing if HK actually cared about the civilian market, or if they even made a .22LR MP5.

I agree, that if they're not going to make a MP5 22LR that they should at least let someone else do it and possibly collect a royalty. I think that'd be fair.

I really can't blame H&K for beign upset that somebody just copied their rifle, but I can be upset that they would shut the guys making the 22LR down.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    According to a customer service rep at ATI, production of the GSG-5 was stopped because H&K wasn't happy, but he said that because the suit was about the shape of the GSG-5 being too close to the MP5/HK94, all they have to do is change the looks slightly and they should have it back into production. If a shape of an item can be used by a company almost like a logo, that shape cannot be copied by another company without license rights.

Lock_N_Loaded

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    4037107559_4c2bec0d32_o.jpg

This gun has turned out to be one of my favorites. I have had very little jam problems and have about 1500-1700 rounds through it. There is also virtually no kick back so you don't wear out your shoulder at the range. Only complaint is I wish it had a bigger magazine.

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2009
    I almost pulled the trigger on one of these yesterday....still kinda thinking i should have, but a new waterfowl gun was needed. I need more money!

piercedjp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    I want a GSG, but there are lots of other nice 22s out there now. I think I'm going to see how the lost lawsuit goes.

Top Bottom