• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Hmm... I guess if I am to quit buying from anti-gun people or contributing money to them, I should stop paying taxes, buying groceries, stop buying day to day needs, and only buy ammo? Right? :rolleyes:

It wouldn't matter if you put on a nationwide boycott of every gun hater out there, it would still have no effect because there are too many people who don't care.

As for this movie.... Wait for the DVD and just watch someone's copy of it instead of buying it. If no one buys it, watch it online! :):

ReSSurrected

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2010
    Bloomington
    Hmm... I guess if I am to quit buying from anti-gun people or contributing money to them, I should stop paying taxes, buying groceries, stop buying day to day needs, and only buy ammo? Right?
    I didn't say to break the law or starve your family. I said I choose not to support anyone whom in my opinion has political beliefs that I feel are not in the best interest of my country as much as I can avoid it. Sometimes there's not much choice in the matter.

However, "entertainment" can hardly be put into the "necessities" column, unlike paying taxes and feeding your family.

It wouldn't matter if you put on a nationwide boycott of every gun hater out there, it would still have no effect because there are too many people who don't care.
    And those who don't care should be ashamed, but unfortunately we as a society, for the most part, do not remember the circumstances that led to the creation of this country and the sacrifices that were made to keep it. And those who do remember and still don't care should be even more ashamed.

The adage "History Repeats Itself" is absolutely true, and the reason is that no one bothers to really remember history. Sure, we teach a few facts here and there in our schools, but that's about it. Even that is slipping.

I went out for dinner last night, and had a great conversation with my server, a girl going to IU. She was excited because she had won a wii the day before. Our conversation turned to some historical stuff, and I made a comment about something "going up like the Hindenburg". She looked at me and said "the what?" So I said, "You know, the first blimp, built by the Germans back in the day... it was called the Hindenburg". She'd never even heard of it. Sure as hell knew what a stinkin' wii was though.

But I digress. To each their own. As I stated before, I'm not going to willingly or knowingly support those who take an active role in undermining the core values of my country unless there's no way around it. And when it comes to "entertainment", there is a way around it. Even if my efforts are just a drop in the bucket, well, it's MY damned drop, and I'm proud of it.

ReSS

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    And those who don't care should be ashamed, but unfortunately we as a society, for the most part, do not remember the circumstances that led to the creation of this country and the sacrifices that were made to keep it. And those who do remember and still don't care should be even more ashamed.

The adage "History Repeats Itself" is absolutely true, and the reason is that no one bothers to really remember history. Sure, we teach a few facts here and there in our schools, but that's about it. Even that is slipping.

But I digress. To each their own. As I stated before, I'm not going to willingly or knowingly support those who take an active role in undermining the core values of my country unless there's no way around it. And when it comes to "entertainment", there is a way around it. Even if my efforts are just a drop in the bucket, well, it's MY damned drop, and I'm proud of it.

ReSS

I admire your determination and you have a good cause. :patriot:Unfortunately you won't get the grass roots support needed to make a big difference. When you can't get support and even get criticism from folks who claim to be concerned about their gun rights, well...

A lot of folks aren't willing to sacrifice anything for ideals or principles these days. It's the "me" society.

As for action movies having a positive impact regarding gun ownership, are these people serious? The use of firearms as depicted in the movies has hurt the image of law-abiding gun owners probably more than any one other single thing.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom