• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    Black Hawk Down, Shakes The Clown or Bad Santa, depending on my mood. Ask my six year old and she'll say Mars Attacks or Holy Grail. She obviously inherited my good taste!

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    Oh gee...

Comedy - Blazing Saddles
    Western - Silverado
    Drama - probably Shawshank Redemption, but there are some really great movies in this list.
    Action - Die Hard
    War - Saving Private Ryan, with honorable mention going to the HBO series Band of Brothers.
    Sci-Fi - Star Wars (1977 release)
    Horror - Halloween (1978 release)

Most F'd up movie ever award: Kids (1995)

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai:Across the 8th Dimension

:+1:

I'll also follow up with Big Trouble in Little China, the movie that ancient internet lore (falsely) claimed was the sequel to BB.

You know what ol' Jack Burton always says...

When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, and he looks you crooked in the eye and he asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail."

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    If you want a movie that would put you through the full range of strong emotions, then it would have to be the Lord of the Rings Trilogy. Sean Astin as Sam should have received an Oscar for best supporting actor. Yes, it was a little convenient to be able to win a major battle with some ghost warriors who could not be defeated, but other than that, the suffering of the main characters was monumental and realistic and of epic proportions. One of these cold winter days, I will just stay in with my girlfriend (if I can find a good one), drink some wine, eat some snacks and watch all three of the extended versions in one sitting.

For a shorter all time movie, however, I still stick with Gladiator.

Dukshead

Marksman
    Rating - 90.5%
    19   2   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Southport
    Got a few:

Tombstone
    Blazing Saddles
    Glory
    Last of the Mohicans
    Jeremiah Johnson
    Fast Times at Ridgemont High
    Animal House
    GWTW
    The Outlaw Josey Wales
    Gladiator
    Halloween
    Usual Suspects
    Roadhouse

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    If you want a movie that would put you through the full range of strong emotions, then it would have to be the Lord of the Rings Trilogy. Sean Astin as Sam should have received an Oscar for best supporting actor. Yes, it was a little convenient to be able to win a major battle with some ghost warriors who could not be defeated, but other than that, the suffering of the main characters was monumental and realistic and of epic proportions. One of these cold winter days, I will just stay in with my girlfriend (if I can find a good one), drink some wine, eat some snacks and watch all three of the extended versions in one sitting.......
    :yesway: My wife is a bigger LOTR fan than me.

THIS /\ for the fantasy movie.

J. R. R. Tolkien was a great writer. If you read the texts and suspend your
    disbelief for a while they almost seem to be written as if they were historical events, they really draw you in. The movies took some liberties
    with the books but not to much to be a problem. "The Hobbit" is set to
    start filming soon, they are rebuilding Bag End now. 2 movies in 2011-2012.
    Again if you read Tolkien's "the Hobbit" it reads like history. I think they
    are going to have another hit on the way.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    J. R. R. Tolkien was a great writer. If you read the texts and suspend your
    disbelief for a while they almost seem to be written as if they were historical events, they really draw you in. The movies took some liberties
    with the books but not to much to be a problem. "The Hobbit" is set to
    start filming soon, they are rebuilding Bag End now. 2 movies in 2011-2012.
    Again if you read Tolkien's "the Hobbit" it reads like history. I think they
    are going to have another hit on the way.

Although the movies were entertaining, I thought it was a travesty what they did to the story. It was like Peter Jackson took a butcher's knife to a masterpiece of literature. That said, the scene with Gandalf vs. the Balrog was exactly the way it played in my head any time I read the book.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    the_big_lebowski_6.jpg

009_422-010%7EStar-Wars-The-Empire-Strikes-Back-Posters.jpg

kingdomheavenposter.jpg

man_on_fire_collectors.jpg

o_brother_p.jpg

And probably my favorite movie of all time... I feel left out because I never got to see it until I was about 19 or so. I could have been watching it all my life. Call me names, but it is still one of my favorite movies:

princessbride.jpg

Top Bottom