• ...and so much more!
  • vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    I guess i'm alone in thinking the movie sucked. The acting was atrocious. You knew who was going to live/die the second they started talking. As long as you go into the movie with the intent on watching solid seal tactics (albeit with some non seal equipment) and watching the explosions then you'll be fine.

Side note: the scene when the 2 boats arrive was just brutal.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    Side note: the scene when the 2 boats arrive was just brutal.

The only thing that went through my mind when that scene came up was this:

I bet you really save lives (well, on YOUR side) when you completely and utterly defeat the enemy so ruthlessly. It is almost 100% assurance that fighting back at that given time is certain death.

I have similar thoughts looking at video of an A-10 attacking something.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    While I was in Afghanistan I worked with one of the main characters (I have a picture of us together). The first time I saw it was in a room full of SEALS (including him) watching it.

It was a crappy pirated copy with Chinese subtitles on it, but it was still an "epic experience" to say the least.

:rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::D:D:D:D:D

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    While I was in Afghanistan I worked with one of the main characters (I have a picture of us together). The first time I saw it was in a room full of SEALS (including him) watching it.

It was a crappy pirated copy with Chinese subtitles on it, but it was still an "epic experience" to say the least.

:rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::D:D:D:D:D

It is kinda sad that they didn't cut these boys some early DVDs directly from the source.

marshallartist

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Brownsburg
    I rented it from RB a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed it. Sure you could tell the experienced actors from the SEALS, but how many times have you come away from a big budget action flick feeling like the acting was sub par? Also, anyone with a room-temperature IQ could figure out the entire story line five minutes into the film. Again how many of us didn't have Rambo, XXX, etc. figured out in about that amount of time? All-in-all it was an enjoyable film and I have a greater respect for what some of our men and women in uniform go through to keep us safe. :patriot:

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    It is kinda sad that they didn't cut these boys some early DVDs directly from the source.
    Yeah, that would have been nice of them huh?

BTW, for those that are wondering, I've heard the "full set" Blu-ray is the best because it has additional commentary in it from the SEALS. I haven't seen that yet, but I do intend to get it eventually.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    The boats rollin up and savin their bacon was priceless. That's some serious firepower.

Motivated my kid to go navy VS marine corp. He's enlisting as air crew and applying to crew the SWCC boats as soon as he's done with AIT.

6'8" and 190# of muscle and bone. I think he can make the cut if he gets serious. He figures life could heve less meaning than saving Seals butts. Good exciting work if you can get it.

Am I worried? Some, sure.

Am I proud of him? Need you ask?

Birdman002

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    South Bend
    I thought it was a great movie! The acting was ok, but hey they arent actors they are SEALS, but the action was kick ass, esp the boat scene EPIC.

But really good movie and i should go and watch it again.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    I liked that it was real operators.... Not actors pretending to be them with lots of Hollywood. Yes it sucked from a hollywood standpoint but rocked because it was more real then the rest of them.

Top Bottom