• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Who here carries a mounted light on your EDC? I know some people are opposed to the idea of having a light on your firearm due to the fact that whatever you're illuminating is staring down the barrel of your firearm, but I see them being extremely useful. I personally have been tossing around the idea of one, but have decided that I will carry a regular flashlight with me instead. Just kinda curious to see how many of you guys actually use one.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Besides, it's not a one option or the other issue. Why not do both? :dunno: You can mount a light and carry a small hand held light in your pocket. :)

That was my thought too, but after not being able to find a holster that will fit what I'm going to be carrying PLUS a light, I decided to skip on it for now.

Biohazard

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    central indiana
    If you change your mind, try Blade Tech or just bring what you want to use to the next 1500. See the Raven guys and they will make it while you wait. I think the next one is just around the corner in October.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    A few years ago I wouldn't have considered a weapon-mounted light on my daily carry pistol, due to the added bulk and weight of the light, as well as the slim pickins in the holster department. If you did find one that fit, it was most likely a big bulky holster anyway.

But now the light options out there are smaller and lighter, more compact, and folks like Raven are putting out IWB and tight-hugging OWB holsters that accommodate most lights effortlessly.

Although I don't currently carry a weapon-mounted light, I wouldn't hesitate to.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    i have a weapon light on my guns at home but don't carry like that just do to the bulk and weight. i do however carry a fenix pd20 everywhere i go that is blindingly bright and so small you rarely realize you have it on you until you need it. there are 3 things you couldn't pay me to leave the house with out gun, knives, and my light

Top Bottom