Motorcylce riders need an opinion on this bike.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • z56o2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Indy, Eagle Creek area
    I started on street bikes, I've ridden them for 10 years and have owned 4 different ones. I've never ridden a v-twin sport bike although I've always been very curious. Supposedly they are wheelie machines. My biggest concern is the lack of year and mileage in the post. Also, given the "custom" I'd be very surprised if that thing hasn't been wrecked in the past.

Win52C

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Lawrence County
    I would be very surprized if it were anywhere near as fast as a GSXR. I don't think it's worth more than 3 grand either.

Correct. They are not in the same league as a Gsxr1000, lots of torque down low but fall on their face at higher rpm. Good handling but I agree way too much bike for a beginning street rider. Also agree "new bodywork" equals crashed or raced possibly both

Boomstick

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    Jeffersonville, IN
    Crack me up, TLR is a 13 year old design, that new ran 10.8 1/4 times, compared to what, 10.2 for a new 1000. Even funnier is I've logged over 5000 laps at Putnam (not to mention tons of other tracks) and am within .85 seconds of my fatest lap time there, ever on my old TLR. (for record my fastest time was set on a 749R) Currently street ride a ZX-10 and when I can make the track its a CBR600RR. On the street its hard to tell the difference between my old TL-S, my 954, either of my old Gixxers, or the new 10. If 1/4 is your judge its all on the reaction and launch, and good luck taking a vtwin from a rolling start. If the track is your judge put the same rider on a quality bike and I bet all times are within a half second.

Patternpimp

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Columbus, IN
    Crack me up, TLR is a 13 year old design, that new ran 10.8 1/4 times, compared to what, 10.2 for a new 1000. Even funnier is I've logged over 5000 laps at Putnam (not to mention tons of other tracks) and am within .85 seconds of my fatest lap time there, ever on my old TLR. (for record my fastest time was set on a 749R) Currently street ride a ZX-10 and when I can make the track its a CBR600RR. On the street its hard to tell the difference between my old TL-S, my 954, either of my old Gixxers, or the new 10. If 1/4 is your judge its all on the reaction and launch, and good luck taking a vtwin from a rolling start. If the track is your judge put the same rider on a quality bike and I bet all times are within a half second.

And what are your Lap times around Putnam, Nelson Ledges, Blackhawk, Gingermann, Grattan, Barber etc.? We need some context.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    I LOVE Blackhawk. Haven't ridden it since they redid everything though. They just got a new lap record set there at the last CCS round a few weekends ago. 1:07 something.

I've run 1:14s there, and I think the TLR is a turd. :):

Boomstick

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    Jeffersonville, IN
    Putnam is 1:16.54, Barber MSP my best lap is 1:40.40, Only been at Blackhawk Farm with a CSO club trackday 4 or 5 years ago, and never had close to a clean run, not positive but I can check my Qtimer and see, I beleive it was 1:23ish. Same day my buddy ran 1:17s on his 1098 with minimal traffic and normally we are awfully close. I miss having the spare funds to blow on weekends

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Putnam is 1:16.54, Barber MSP my best lap is 1:40.40, Only been at Blackhawk Farm with a CSO club trackday 4 or 5 years ago, and never had close to a clean run, not positive but I can check my Qtimer and see, I beleive it was 1:23ish. Same day my buddy ran 1:17s on his 1098 with minimal traffic and normally we are awfully close. I miss having the spare funds to blow on weekends

you and me both brother!

ahh, the good ol days.

T1 at BHF, back in 07
    IMG_5807.jpg

Boomstick

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    Jeffersonville, IN
    I've heard from a few people that Blackhawk farm is amazing now. Wasnt bad then. I've been torn this whole year about selling off a few toys and buying either the new gixxer 750 or a 675R and playing again........
    OP, check the inday and louisville area craigslists, tons of decent buys on newer bikes for way less than that TLR that would be way better, not to mention cheaper insurance. Just remember custom paint and bodywork happens for a reason.....

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    I've heard from a few people that Blackhawk farm is amazing now. Wasnt bad then. I've been torn this whole year about selling off a few toys and buying either the new gixxer 750 or a 675R and playing again........
    OP, check the inday and louisville area craigslists, tons of decent buys on newer bikes for way less than that TLR that would be way better, not to mention cheaper insurance. Just remember custom paint and bodywork happens for a reason.....

hehe, that silver bodywork on the GSXR in my pic above is "new bodywork and custom paint"

because I scattered the original blue stuff all over the gravel trap in T6 at Road America! :laugh:

Top Bottom