• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • slavens33

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2023
    Indianapolis
    Took a little couple day trip up to western Michigan a month or so ago. Stayed in Ludington and did a couple day ride loops.
    First day we headed north and picked up 22 just north of Manistee and followed it up to Northport. Then we headed south to Traverse City and cut back across on 72.
    Second day, the called for bad weather never materialized, so we headed south to Muskegon taking Lakeshore, Ridge, and Scenic as much as possible. The riding isn't technical or as fun as say the Smokies, but some of the scenery you get is truly world class.
    Got just a few photos........ next time we'll do a bunch more stopping and checking stuff out instead of trying to cover ground...

Inspiration Point just north of Acadia

View attachment 297112

Got to dine al fresco at the Woolsey Memorial Airport just a bit north of Northport.

View attachment 297113
    View attachment 297116

We did do a bit of "touristy" stuff.......This is the lighthouse in Whitehall.
    View attachment 297117
    If you make it up that way again check out the dunes at Silver Lake State Park and if it's fall then hit the Tunnel Of Trees Michigan 119 just outside Petoskey.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    bMxX9Dg.gif

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Interesting story from the Firebox guy...

12,464 views May 30, 2023
    Sorry it's been so long since my last adventure trip video. Spring fever got the best of me on my first motorcycle ride. I was excited to finally be on my bike and got a little bit too aggressive. Breaking my foot was a hard lesson to put safety first and don't ride beyond your capabilities. I've been planning my first goat packing trip into the wilderness for trout fishing and unwinding from a very long winter. Please stay patient with me as I work to strengthen my foot so I can get back to what I love the most. Please help! Since the YouTube algorithm starts to punish channels when they don't publish weekly, please revisit your favorite Firebox Stove videos often. Thanks everyone I sure appreciate you! Steve

91FXRS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2011
    NWI
    Rolling out Sunday morning to Traverse city MI area. We were up there last year with the plan of taking 22 up to 201 as far as we can go but got turned off by a state trooper before we even got to 204, never found out why they closed it but thinking bad accident. Thinking we may loop around and go check out tunnel of trees again, hoping its nice and colorful, and if time allows probably hit the Mackinac bridge. We'll see, typing this out that is already way more planning than I like to do on my trips. Just gonna head north and see where we end up.

slavens33

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2023
    Indianapolis
    Rolling out Sunday morning to Traverse city MI area. We were up there last year with the plan of taking 22 up to 201 as far as we can go but got turned off by a state trooper before we even got to 204, never found out why they closed it but thinking bad accident. Thinking we may loop around and go check out tunnel of trees again, hoping its nice and colorful, and if time allows probably hit the Mackinac bridge. We'll see, typing this out that is already way more planning than I like to do on my trips. Just gonna head north and see where we end up.
    I went that way a few years back and waited until the first of October hoping to catch the trees turning but everything was still green. Hopefully, you will have better luck since the trees here in Indiana are showing some early color. Safe travels!

Attachments

• IMG_0403.jpg
      IMG_0403.jpg
      708.9 KB · Views: 5

91FXRS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2011
    NWI
    I went that way a few years back and waited until the first of October hoping to catch the trees turning but everything was still green. Hopefully, you will have better luck since the trees here in Indiana are showing some early color. Safe travels!
    Been down that road three times but always late July, early august but I've been looking at our tress in nwi and I think we may see some colors. Either way my wife has been all over MI including UP(906) and for some reason it's her favorite so....

Welcome to :ingo: and how about some more pictures of that bike?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

It is SO dry down here in southern Indiana.

You all be careful in the twists. Leaves are turning and falling now. Pavement conditions will be unpredictable, whether the leaves on the road are dry or wet.

:)

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    It is SO dry down here in southern Indiana.

You all be careful in the twists. Leaves are turning and falling now. Pavement conditions will be unpredictable, whether the leaves on the road are dry or wet.

:)
    They are as bad or worse than the grass clippings on the side of the road.

Top Bottom