• ...and so much more!
  • JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    New tires installed today! You never realize how bad your old tires are till you get new ones. I've always liked Michelin and these do not disappoint.

tars.jpg

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    New tires installed today! You never realize how bad your old tires are till you get new ones. I've always liked Michelin and these do not disappoint.
    I installed Michelin Road 5 tires on 2 of our bikes and was astounded how much better the bike handled in the rain and on dry pavement. Doesn't track on tar snakes either. But in wet weather, wow. Just wow.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    I am good now for a long time, just had a new set of Pirelli"s MT-66. I have run these before and liked them a lot but tried Metzeler this last time, also a good tire but like Pirelli better. At 50,000 miles I also got new cam bearings and cam chain tensioners so should be good for the rest of my life.
    The engine has never been apart so still had the original non-adjustable pushrods. Standard procedure is to cut them to take them out instead of pulling the heads off. Now have adjustable pushrods and the kit included new lifters and pushrod tubes. Jim.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Admittedly that was a bit of a pain in the butt because I don't have tiny Japanese hands and I'm missing part of a finger. But I got it done, and now my neighbors can hate me.20210503_230630.jpg

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    The muffler part was relatively easy, just had to wiggle it around a bit to line up where it mounts. The biggest PITA was putting the exhaust gaskets and pipe sleeves in, then having to try to hold them in with one hand while trying to fit the flanges in place and not pushing the springs out. There's not much room under there.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I think I want one of these?

A 200 pound electric motorcycle that goes 80mph with a (claimed) range of 80 miles (probably more likely 50 in real world use) seems like it could be a lot of fun for short runs, as a short range commuter bike. Premium components like Michelin Road 5 tires, wireless phone charger and a removable battery. But the price is a bit steep at $5000 for a short range bike, at that price I could get a Honda CB300 and still have change rattling around in my pocket. Still, it seems like it would be a heck of a lot of fun, maybe more fun if they put an offroad suspension on it and some tires suitable for dirt & street.

Screen Shot 2021-05-09 at 9.30.20 PM.png

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars

A 200 pound electric motorcycle that goes 80mph with a (claimed) range of 80 miles (probably more likely 50 in real world use) seems like it could be a lot of fun for short runs, as a short range commuter bike. Premium components like Michelin Road 5 tires, wireless phone charger and a removable battery. But the price is a bit steep at $5000 for a short range bike, at that price I could get a Honda CB300 and still have change rattling around in my pocket. Still, it seems like it would be a heck of a lot of fun, maybe more fun if they put an offroad suspension on it and some tires suitable for dirt & street.

View attachment 139326
    I know I’m used to Goldwing comfort, but damn that seat looks awful.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    This is a tragicomic video of a young man in California going over a cliff. He basically just stops turning. He claimed the bike's steering "locked up" even though seconds earlier it worked just fine. He doesn't even seem to brake very much, he only scrubs about 20mph before zooping into the air. I think he fixated on a light pole and then the cliff's edge.

He went on talk shows and said how Awful & Dangerous motorcycles are. Very tragic end to the tale. I guess perpetually daydrunk TV hosts know a thing or two about dangerous lifestyles.

I cannot speak for the video story, looks like he did not notice before he got in the loose sand. I have gotten into trouble several times on dresser bikes. I have ridden cafe racers and Sport bikes since the early 70's. I earned my first Iron Butt on a bike with rear sets and drag bars. My last 3 bikes were Kawasaki Concours Sport touring models. I traditionally have pretty narrow "chicken Strips" on the tire sidewalls, because a sport bike is designed to lay over. A few times I had forgotten how much to adjust when riding a heavy dressed touring bike. Punching into a corner at my usual speed, only to find myself grinding the low metal hard. As soon as you lever the back wheel off the traction, you are toast. I never wadded up a borrowed bike but had a couple close calls.

Last edited:

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I cannot speak for the video story, looks like he did not notice before he got in the loose sand. I have gotten into trouble several times on dresser bikes. I have ridden cafe racers and Sport bikes since the early 70's. I earned my first Iron Butt on a bike with rear sets and drag bars. My last 3 bikes were Kawasaki Concours Sport touring models. I traditionally have pretty narrow "chicken Strips" on the tire sidewalls, because a sport bike is designed to lay over. A few times I had forgotten how much to adjust when riding a heavy dressed touring bike. Punching into a corner at my usual speed, only to find myself grinding the low metal hard. As soon as you lever the back wheel off the traction, you are toast. I never wadded up a borrowed bike but had a couple close calls.
    I strongly suspect “too much lean” was not this guys problem.

Airtevron1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 10, 2019
    IN

View attachment 139326
    Would need to add some serious padding for my Gluteus Minimus...

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dcb500
    Top Bottom