• ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Yeah, amazingly comfortable.

I tried one on at the store and had to have.
    My wife was with me when I paid for it - it was a long, long drive home. :(
    Yup they are expensive. But so darn comfortable. interior materials are simply among the finest available to wick moisture. Quiet. Good airflow on hot days.

My wife has 2 HJC helmets. They are nice but just not comfortable for much more than an hour or two. She had one of them ‘fitted’ by the factory rep at the Honda dealership, didn’t seem to matter. HJC makes several Snell rated models. If you only ride shorter trips they are fine but not sure I’d want one for the multi-week trips I ride. Maybe I haven’t found the right model? The RHPA 90 Carbon modular helmet from HJC is one I might consider if I could find one to try on.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Yup they are expensive. But so darn comfortable. interior materials are simply among the finest available to wick moisture. Quiet. Good airflow on hot days.

My wife has 2 HJC helmets. They are nice but just not comfortable for much more than an hour or two. She had one of them ‘fitted’ by the factory rep at the Honda dealership, didn’t seem to matter. HJC makes several Snell rated models. If you only ride shorter trips they are fine but not sure I’d want one for the multi-week trips I ride. Maybe I haven’t found the right model? The RHPA 90 Carbon modular helmet from HJC is one I might consider if I could find one to try on.
    HJC is a good short ride lid. No way it would be optimal for all day or multiple day rides. Arai is worth the extra cash for long trips

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    To be fair my Bell helmet was pretty damn comfortable. If I went too long without a haircut(like a couple months at least)it could get a little too snug but that's about it.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    When I was racing I always wore a Bell Helmet, made in USA and Snell approved. Now Bell Helmets are made in China for what it's worth. That's not a total deal breaker for me but after trying on several Bell's the HJC (Korean made) fit my peanut head better.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I have an HJC 3/4 that's painted to look like Poe Dameron's Xwing pilot helmet in the new Star Wars movies. It's not comfortable to me lol

Rating - 96.4%
    27   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    I have a half helmet I wear more than my full from crazy al’s... I absolutely love that thing. My full face is a bell, has the transition lens for sunlight and shade. I wear this when on interstate with senas for comms.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    It's pretty dorky looking if I'm being honest. It looks better sitting on the mantle above my fireplace. I think I wore it once while actually riding and it's just a display piece now haha

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Might go up to Cycle Gear in Tinley Park IL one of these days after I get the bike and look at the Shoeis. I know the Bell Qualifier fits me so I ordered one of those for now.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Might go up to Cycle Gear in Tinley Park IL one of these days after I get the bike and look at the Shoeis. I know the Bell Qualifier fits me so I ordered one of those for now.
    Are you getting the bare bones or the DLX with MIPS head protection? They make several versions of that helmet?

The Shoei Neotech 2 looks like a great modular. I know a couple people riding Shoei full face helmets. Same price & quality range as my Aria. In that price range the Scheuberth and the top line AGV helmets compete for best of the best helmets. Probably impossible to go wrong with any of these top quality helmets but most of them are in the $400-$600 price range.

That said, if I had been airlifted to the hospital after getting rammed by a blue haired lady in a Grand Marquis, the cost of my safety gear probably would be a secondary concern.

FWIW, I look at protection & comfort before I look at price tags for my moto-gear. If it's not ACTUALLY protective I won't buy it. If it is not VERY comfortable then I won't wear it. What good is protective gear that is not worn properly? Or left at home? Or too hot to wear? I have 3 jackets for different weather conditions; 4 pairs of moto pants for similar reasons.

Last edited:

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I may have thrown on the crappy Joe Rocket suit and a 3/4 helmet and taken it for a spin. I also may have forgotten to put the temp plate on in my excitement while I did so and thankfully the popo did not see me. I...I mean allegedly.

Top Bottom