• JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    https://www.facebook.com/events/225126815164398

"[FONT=&amp]Watt is a little boy here in Huntington who has lost his battle to cancer on july 24, 2020. This ride is to raise money to help the family with what financial help they may need.$10 a rider
    $5 a passenger
    50/50
    Starting location Vik[/FONT]y[FONT=&amp]ing Express Gas station
    Ending location will be at VFW
    Registration at 9am
    KSU at 11am[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]cars and trucks are allowed, but gonna be behind the motorcycle line.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]more details TBA stay tuned[/FONT]

This is a friend of the family, he passed about a week and a half ago. Any support from the forum would be appreciated, as well as anyone who can come for the ride and stuff. My son and I will be on the FXDLS with matching Airflite helms with gold visors :D

50/50? KSU? :dunno:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    50/50 drawing. And "Kick stands up"

The latter, ok.

The former...forgive me, but 50/50 drawing? :dunno:

I think I'll try and make it. I've got to work and my parent's house in the afternoon, and that's just on the north side of 24.

My bike.

I suspect it will be easier to pick out me, than for me to find the right HD rider/

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Thanks. I've never been part of the group rider scene.

Me either. Just not my thing.

Too many of the events I've checked out are essentially pub crawls on bikes. Not all are like that but it's not my scene. I like the idea of charity rides, just never found one in my area at a time I could ride, often I find out about them after they ride. Lots of the charity rides are for great causes, or for local people so the $$$ raised is not being funneled though a big bureaucracy. Someday I'd like to try a charity run as long as the booze is saved until the end (or doesn't exist at all).

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Me either. Just not my thing.

Too many of the events I've checked out are essentially pub crawls on bikes. Not all are like that but it's not my scene. I like the idea of charity rides, just never found one in my area at a time I could ride, often I find out about them after they ride. Lots of the charity rides are for great causes, or for local people so the $$$ raised is not being funneled though a big bureaucracy. Someday I'd like to try a charity run as long as the booze is saved until the end (or doesn't exist at all).

Your gonna need a costume first.......:rockwoot:adult-biker-vest-costume.jpg

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Your gonna need a costume first.......:rockwoot:View attachment 89853

a2d.jpg

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    We made it on the ride into Warren, until little man blew chunks all over my back. had to pull over. RIP

Seemed like nobody was doing anything stupid other than the trike in a few bikes up not maintaining speed very well

Nice meeting you also BTW :)

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    We made it on the ride into Warren, until little man blew chunks all over my back. had to pull over. RIP

Seemed like nobody was doing anything stupid other than the trike in a few bikes up not maintaining speed very well

Nice meeting you also BTW :)

Oh man, that sucks!

The bike behind you moved up, and he decided I needed to listen to Old Town Road. :rolleyes:

It was kind of fun, but I sort of felt pinned in.

Of course, I was the only non-HD/non-sportbike.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    Oh man, that sucks!

The bike behind you moved up, and he decided I needed to listen to Old Town Road. :rolleyes:
    It was kind of fun, but I sort of felt pinned in.

Of course, I was the only non-HD/non-sportbike.

Don't feel bad, I do a few Poker Runs each year, and I mean just a few. Not much of a drinker and i'm in the way back or I leave early for the next stop.
    The Eagles I belong to does a few good runs each year.
    Normally I ride one of my old shovels, but it sure is easy to find when its parked in a sea of baggers....

We have a new rider in town that has a new monster Ducati, we stopped at the same stop sign together. I think he was surprised when I said what a awesome motorcycle.
    I would have liked to take it for a blast 25 years ago....

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    First ride in 2 months yesterday after foot surgery. It was great!!
    Steel plate and screws on left foot right where the shifter hits, little sore but worth it. Hard to turn toward home.

Don

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Hobart, IN on Saturday a friend of INGO, but not a member, was on his HD when he was hit.

Scooter is totaled. He was admitted to the hospital but later released.

He owns the 1101 Cigar Lounge in Schererville, its so gun friendly that we've had a dozen or more "meet & greets" at the lounge. Those of us in the NW corner of the state refer to his lounge as the NWI INGO Clubhouse. Tony is a good guy. He called me on Saturday afternoon while I was out riding, it was just a few hours before he hopped on his bike and got into an accident.

Glad to know that he only ended up with road rash and a busted foot.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Don't feel bad, I do a few Poker Runs each year, and I mean just a few. Not much of a drinker and i'm in the way back or I leave early for the next stop.
    The Eagles I belong to does a few good runs each year.
    Normally I ride one of my old shovels, but it sure is easy to find when its parked in a sea of baggers....

We have a new rider in town that has a new monster Ducati, we stopped at the same stop sign together. I think he was surprised when I said what a awesome motorcycle.
    I would have liked to take it for a blast 25 years ago....

I will say, those HD's did look really comfy.

After after an hour, my butt and legs were getting sore.

I also rode on the freeway for the first time ever. And I was thinking I should get some riding pants.... then I noticed an older Kawasaki headed the other direction - the rider was young, petite thing in shorts and a tank top. :n00b:

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Most Harley riders are alright but the more Harley gear they wear while riding their Harley, the bigger the douche. I actually got a lot of compliments on my Honda Shadow(RIP) here in NWI but whenever there was a sneer, it was some fat old fart dressed in Harley branding down to the skully.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tpvilla
    Top Bottom