• doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Nothing like weather getting warm enough to combine 2 hobbies:
    A trip to the range with a gun bag strapped down with a cargo net with 7 targets & 6 handguns with 3 different calibers & multiple grains.
    In the open bag that fits on the scooter "bump" are boards & bean bags for hand rests, binoculars & earmuffs for the range.
    It was a glorious range day!
    Took the long way there going from Wanamaker to Shelbyville to pick up some ammo, then a drive through the country (instead of 44 & 65) on my way to Range USA in Greenwood, stopping off to visit a friend further South.
    Range trip 5.11.2022 ready to go to range.jpg

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Got this from a good friend yesterday. He and I coach fencing at Purdue together. I've spent many hours in a car with him, and many more at the fencing club. But we've never ridden together. We have arrived on bikes at the same destination, but we come from opposite directions.

1 vehicle accident, which is typical of most motorcycle accidents. Rider is clearly to blame, which is also typical of many motorcycle accidents. Fortunately he is in good spirits. His leg surgery was successful. Surgery on his shoulder will occur on Monday. A mutual friend visited him today and I've been in contact with him and happy to report he is, despite being physically broken, in good spirits.

FWIW, he was riding a little Janus 250, in a neighborhood near his home, at low speeds.

Status of me (excuse the 1-hand typing).
    So I was riding the motorcycle.​
    Had a vibration in the rear wheel.​
    Turns out I'm not a chameleon and can't watch it and the road ahead.​
    Front tire left the pavement, which pulled me into a nice, large grassy area.​
    Where a speed limit sign stopped my right leg.​
    Snapping my femur in half like a twig (wish I had a photo of the extra-knee-like angle).​
    Then the ground stopped my left humerus. Turns out to be not, actually funny.​
    Had surgery on the leg today. Shoulder will be soon. Happy Monday!​

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    He should see the doctor that repaired my shoulder, Dr. Brian Badman as he had to repair my meatballed humerus, ball and socket. I'm good with him doing trauma shoulder surgery on me and my family. I wish your comrade well wishes and speedy recovery.

I ain't even going to post pics of my KTM after that. Yikes!

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I think 54°(where 0° is straight up and down) is close to the limit for leaning my bike left without grinding a peg off. My bike logs this :):

I've only got 40° on the right but it will always be a lower due to the exhaust

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    He should see the doctor that repaired my shoulder, Dr. Brian Badman as he had to repair my meatballed humerus, ball and socket. I'm good with him doing trauma shoulder surgery on me and my family. I wish your comrade well wishes and speedy recovery.

I ain't even going to post pics of my KTM after that. Yikes!
    Yikes! Hope you heal fully and quickly.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    I'm good. Going to Goodman Campbell Brain and Spine tomorrow for epidurals. I'll be ready for riding wheelies after that (fused L1 - S1, C3 - T1). Getting my bike lowered using the OEM KTM kit installed by a factory authorized suspension tech. Yeehaw!
    9620c40e-06d6-4ac2-8c64-3e5506182952_1000.gif

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    121 miles on the Ninja today. Warm and windy but it was still great. Made a few changes on the suspension/geometry and it's really dialed in now. Amazing what small changes can do for the overall feel of a bike.

Saint Meinrad Archabbey

20220520_164552.jpg

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I'm good. Going to Goodman Campbell Brain and Spine tomorrow for epidurals. I'll be ready for riding wheelies after that (fused L1 - S1, C3 - T1). Getting my bike lowered using the OEM KTM kit installed by a factory authorized suspension tech. Yeehaw!
    No epidurals today. Puter system crashed. I'm bummed and hurting but still getting my bike lowered for the win! Dropping it off Monday!!

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Beautiful! Where is this abbey?
    St. Meinrad Indiana. About 8 miles from Santa Claus/Holiday World.

Saint Meinrad Archabbey was founded in 1854 by monks from Einsiedeln Abbey in Switzerland. They came to southern Indiana at the request of a local priest who was seeking help to serve the pastoral needs of the growing German-speaking Catholic population and to prepare local men to be priests.

Both of these missions remain part of Saint Meinrad's ministry to the Roman Catholic Church, as Saint Meinrad operates a graduate seminary and school of theology and has other monks in parish work, chaplaincies and diocesan assignments.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    We are in a full blown recession, the stock market is tanking and will continue to fall. HD's problems are minor compared to some other companies, at least for now. Housing prices are already starting to crash, housing starts and permits have already plummeted. Some companies have lost 30% others have dropped over 50% in value. So H-D, losing 8% value is actually not terrible.

Of course, on the flip side, investing in WEAT, GSG, BCI and several other commodities have returned a very tidy profit since the beginning of 2022.

Personally I would sell my H-D stocks before it gets worse, but I exited most stocks at/before the start of the Ukraine-Russia war. Was already in commodities and increased my shares as the war started.

It is going to get worse before it gets worse.

Top Bottom