Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Which model is that ?
    I really wish I still had my GSA 1250

That is an '08 Versys 650. Great bike that I bought off an INGOer. I've put 20k miles on it.

It was a nice ride this afternoon but short, with only a couple hours after the last of the rain stopped. I like to take advantage of nice winter days when I can. I wanted to get a Xmas ride in and it worked, but got a reminder of just how dirty the bike can get on wet roads.

I was still plenty comfy on the ride home in the dark, so the heated vest didn't get to come out of the side box for testing. I did try out earplugs with the new Sena helmet speakers for the first time. They didn't make it more than a couple miles. It sounded like I had earplugs in. :n00b:

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    That is an '08 Versys 650. Great bike that I bought off an INGOer. I've put 20k miles on it.

It was a nice ride this afternoon but short, with only a couple hours after the last of the rain stopped. I like to take advantage of nice winter days when I can. I wanted to get a Xmas ride in and it worked, but got a reminder of just how dirty the bike can get on wet roads.

I was still plenty comfy on the ride home in the dark, so the heated vest didn't get to come out of the side box for testing. I did try out earplugs with the new Sena helmet speakers for the first time. They didn't make it more than a couple miles. It sounded like I had earplugs in. :n00b:
    I looked at those as a second bike before I bought the KTM 990 I had before getting the BMW. It looks like a fun lightweight bike especially the way you have it set up with panniers and topcase.

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    Do I see a mutual interest group here?
    bwframe, Dr. Midnight and me? Maybe we meetup at the spillway or Scenic View restaurant before or after a Spring ride in '22?
    I know bwframe and he's a little like me as far as a "loner" biker, as well as experienced.
    I may get my Ultra Limited out today but the call of the "boom" may override that desire.

Top Bottom