• ...and so much more!
  • gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    It's hard to tell on my iPad, but didn't look to me like the guy hit his brakes that hard.(but maybe he did)
    Either way, that's when you dial 911. I doubt anyone would have been breaking windows or busting heads at that point. His big mistake was running over several bikes and riders after the initial incident.
    this doesn't look like a gang of outlaw bikers to me.

i ask again, what would YOU do if your friend was run over (intentionally) by an SUV and almost (or) killed?

Got the guys license plate number and called 911 to report a hit and run. And ask for medical help for my friend.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    The news is reporting it that the biker that was originally hit got in front of the SUV and slowed down. The bike way WAY to close to the SUV for the driver to even hope to slow down. It must have been a truly terrifying experiance for the family in the SUV. The bikers caught the SUV in the city and smashed the windows in and pulled the driver out and beat him up. The driver of the SUV required several stitches.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    On one news program they said the motorcycles had either missing or covered up license plates. To my way of thinking these were not "bikers" I know a lot of "bikers." These were young thugs and bullys on sport bikes, think "wilding" as in streets of Chicago. Jim.

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    I watched the beginning of the video again. Looks to me that the guy in the vest had a problem with the SUV driver (maybe he cut him off or something??)
    youre right, the guy on the bike hits his brakes, but I don't know that he is looking at the SUV or if he is looking in the left lane.
    No matter, and of course the driver had every right to be in the center lane, but who drives in the middle of a huge group of bikes, especially as slow as it appears he is driving? If i was driving near a group of bikes, i would stay in the right lane and let them pass. Of course, we don't know what happened just before the Go Pro guy catches up.
    I also know if I had a guy hitting his brakes in front of me(on a bike, or a car), I'd be braking hard, even as far as coming to a complete stop, instead of hitting him (if possible).
    I can't see anyone slashing tires, but if true, then yes, he should try to get away.
    i agree that the guy could have feared for his life, but there was NOT "50+ grown adults slashing...tires and trying to break in" to this guys car!
    I only see one guy that appears to trying to open the guys door. And when the SUV drives by the camera, he has no broken windows.
    not defending one side or the other, I just think if he would have stayed put, he would have been fine. But of course, we don't know. All we know is because of TWO guys and road rage, one guy is possibly disabled for life. (possibly from his own stupidity!)

So you see a bunch of motorcyclists coming up to you fast in all 3 lanes and your move is to get into the right lane? Why? When I see a group of motorcyclists speeding up to me I don't swerve over to surprise them and hope they know what I'm doing. I believe it's much safer to continue to drive normally, as they are the ones occupying every lane on the road, and let them pass and drive like idiots if they choose to do so. I also try not to brake too hard if a motorcyclist is behind me, as I don't want them rear-ending me or ending up under my vehicle. The safest way to drive when you are surrounded is to drive normally and try not to slam on your brakes. A motorcycle doesn't stop like a car and the guy(s) behind the SUV would have had nowhere to go because of the group of people being in every lane. It's a lose lose situation for the driver of the SUV. You either rear end the one who cut you off and who was incompetent enough to brake check an SUV, or you slam on your brakes and have one come in your rear windshield.

You cant' see the tires being slashed at or the people trying to get into the SUV right after the accident, but it was reported so by witnesses. Therefore, he has the right to try and get away. And while there may not have been 50+ people in the video trying to gain access, when there are that many and even 1 is trying to do you harm, you should expect the others will follow his/her actions shortly. You can't expect it to just be 1 person and at the end when they finally did gain access there were more than one person. I bet if you are able to defeat one you'd have to go through all of them. How many were chasing him? Way too many to expect just a single person to do you harm. He would have been justified in running over all of them.

No responsible adult would condone what these guys did. While I do feel for the family members of the ones who were ran over for no reason, such as the guy who can't walk anymore, at the same time he associated himself with this group of people. The chief of police has already said there will be no charges filed against the driver of the SUV other than civil suits from the bikers who were injured, which I think will simply be dismissed and possibly turned around with charges of assault against them. The smart thing to do is just not associate yourself with idiots.

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    This seems to be a trend for this group of riders. In this video, they attacked a vicious Prius, were riding through red lights, riding high speed on sidewalks, etc. They seem like they are really just a street gang that happens to ride. I can see now people are going to start outfitting vehicles with anti bike equipment. The old oil slick from the James Bond movies would work. Not only does it make it hard to drive, but it's tough to see on your motorcycle helmet shield. Maybe start carrying a deployable spike strip.

LiveLeak.com - Same group of bikers attacking another driver in 2011

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    This seems to be a trend for this group of riders. In this video, they attacked a vicious Prius, were riding through red lights, riding high speed on sidewalks, etc. They seem like they are really just a street gang that happens to ride. I can see now people are going to start outfitting vehicles with anti bike equipment. The old oil slick from the James Bond movies would work. Not only does it make it hard to drive, but it's tough to see on your motorcycle helmet shield. Maybe start carrying a deployable spike strip.

No surprise. They're just children on bikes. Weaving in and out of traffic, driving on sidewalks, running red lights, endangering lives, and breaking laws left and right.

I have seen responsible motorcyclists but these thugs are not part if that group.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Looked like the original "Mad Max" movie to me. Is this the direction our world is going?

Joe G

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    SE Indiana

Exactly. These aren't peaceful motorcycle riders out to just enjoy the ride.

This group of thugs, calling themselves "Hollywood Stuntz" was well known to NYPD as the NYPD had actually stopped the group's initial plans. HS then proceeded to menace many other areas of NYC that weekend.

Their whole goal is to disrupt traffic, break laws, intimidate other drivers and the police.

The bikers had assembled for an informal event called Hollywood Stuntz that drew a swarm of motorcyclists from around the region. The NYPD said it was aware that the bikers were coming and had concentrated on steering them away from Times Square. Even before the Range Rover assault, 15 bikers were arrested, 68 summonses were issued and 55 bikes were seized.

Dangerous new breed of biker gang seeks Internet glory, taunting police - Investigations

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    Looked like the original "Mad Max" movie to me. Is this the direction our world is going?

This is what happens when there is no way for ordinary citizens(subjects in the case of NY) to defend themselves. Those Thugs know that there is no-one on the road that can defend themselves so they are enboldened to act like fools and ride and do whatever they like. By the time the cops arrive they are gone or there are too many to figure out who did what, so they get away with it.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    This is what happens when there is no way for ordinary citizens(subjects in the case of NY) to defend themselves. Those Thugs know that there is no-one on the road that can defend themselves so they are enboldened to act like fools and ride and do whatever they like. By the time the cops arrive they are gone or there are too many to figure out who did what, so they get away with it.

:thumbsup: So true.

Cool Breeze

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 15, 2013
    Fort Fun
    Theres a reason I drive a little Nissan pickup with a 1911 on board......lol.

x2 There's a reason I drive a subcompact Honda with a 9 on board. Honestly, after I saw this video the other night, I took my spare mag, loaded it with hollowpoints and it will ride in my door pocket from now on- till I need it at the range.

rnmcguire

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    This guy defended his family with the only weapon at his disposal due to him being in NY. I find it pretty interesting that the guy who was run over was a habitual traffic offender and had no license in the first place. I guess he should of obeyed the law......

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So this is interesting...

According to this article there were 5 off duty NYPD officers that stood by as this man was beaten in front of his wife and child.

Five NYPD Cops Were Involved With Bikers Who Attacked SUV |

I just read that an undercover NYPD watched this attack take place and did not a freaking thing. This **** is getting out of hand folks.

I need to go back and read again....if they were part of this to keep their cover they need their A$$es handed to them. WTF is going on in the world. I am slowly going dark side with every one of these situations. Hard to stay neutral.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    It's illegal to dispense large soft drinks in NYC, but cops hang out with biker trash riding unregistered bikes, violating all sorts of traffic laws.

A pox on the city.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    They said the one undercover officer has not talked to police and has retained a lawyer. They also said he was not investigating the motorcycle group. How true any of this, I do not know.

Top Bottom