• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    One of those situations that could get out of control really fast. I don't have all the specifics, but from what i read guy in SUV may have bumped one of the bikes before the video started. I read he got out to exchange information etc. and the group started getting violent so he got back in his vehicle and left. At that point the whole motorcycle group chases him down, exits when he exits off the interstate, then smashes a helmet through his vehicle while trying to gain access. I believe his wife and child were in the vehicle with him. Makes you think, I'm thinking I need more ammo from now on, maybe a a few 30's for the old five seven.
    The bad part about a mob attacking you, is several are probably simply there in the group and not really part of the attack, although if a crime is being committed and you are part of the group you all get charged, like the guys who go only to burglarize a home then one of them ends up shooting a homeowner and they all get charged as being part of the group. Other than the L.A. Riots or Katrina, I have not seen anything like this. When the bikers surrounded him and tried to block him in from leaving, I believe that is considered criminal confinement which is also a crime. When he ran over them to leave, that was self preservation. This is also New York where they don't believe in issueing CCW and they have made it illegal to carry more than 7 rounds in a magazine, because NO ONE would ever have a situation where they needed more than 7 rounds to defend themselves.

PICTURED: Wealthy couple attacked by wild pack of motorcyclists after harrowing 4-mile chase on the West Side Highway following fender bender turned hit-and-run ? driver fled after running over biker - NY Daily News

Another News report on same event. http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...-chased-beaten-by-speed-demon-bikers#comments

One bike had a GOPRO camera running and then posted the video on youtube, here it is. GOPR2900 - YouTube

Last edited:

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Where? I looked for any titles that had motorcycle in them or SUV and saw none. I may have missed it but I did take a quick look before posting it. I would be interested in reading the other post as the CCW scenario's sometimes make you think outside the box.

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    He never should have left the interstate and should have called the police while the bikers were chasing him. He did the right thing by avoiding it how he did. No matter how many he runs over when trying to get away, it is their fault for being there and being the aggressors.

If my family's safety is at risk like his was, I would have ran over as many as it took to get away. When you have a truck and they have a bike, you have the advantage. You need to keep it that way.

EOD Guy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Carroll County
    I'm surprised the driver wasn't arrested for attempted murder since he didn't get out of his SUV and ask all 50+ bikers to "please leave me alone" before defending himself and family.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Here's a potential dilemma: there are several of them and one of you. What if you act within the law, but they claim otherwise? In the absence of some compelling physical evidence, you could have a big problem.

bluzfan66

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2013
    Switzerland Co, IN
    If my family's safety is at risk like his was, I would have ran over as many as it took to get away. When you have a truck and they have a bike, you have the advantage. You need to keep it that way.

Same here. If that were me and my wife and grandchildren were in the truck with me, I would have no problems taking out as many of them as I could from all sides.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    Here's a potential dilemma: there are several of them and one of you. What if you act within the law, but they claim otherwise? In the absence of some compelling physical evidence, you could have a big problem.

Thats what I was wondering. How would this have played out if that idiot didn't post that video to YouTube? I wonder if he was the only one with a helmet cam who shared the footage? Otherwise it would have been 60 bikers saying, 'This guy rear ended a fellow biker and when we tried to stop him to get insurance info he started speeding away!' versus one guy and his wife saying otherwise.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    Like others mention we don't have all the facts and so at this point is only assumptions that I can go with, I used to ride a mmotorcycle so I can tell you that there are peolle that dont handle themselves safely around bikes out there. There some riders that are very irresponsible and act like idiots (I had a similar experience like on the video but only one rider), I know both sides of the coin but in this case seems like the riders may been acting irresponsibly and that can be proved with their response as they never stop to see that there was a kid in the SUV. I can't blame the driver for run over the bikers since he was protecting his family, would he be justified if he would few of those riders down with a firearm since his family was in a lot of danger?

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie

You know, I'd rather sit in a jail cell and make bail than have 50 bikers beat my ass and potentially harm my family. If it takes a trial then it takes a trial. At least everyone is left unharmed.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    He never should have left the interstate and should have called the police while the bikers were chasing him. He did the right thing by avoiding it how he did. No matter how many he runs over when trying to get away, it is their fault for being there and being the aggressors. If my family's safety is at risk like his was, I would have ran over as many as it took to get away. When you have a truck and they have a bike, you have the advantage. You need to keep it that way.

Ditto that...my family's safety is paramount to any and every a-hole's attitude who is being aggressive in trying to stop me to! I'll call 911 while driving...and meet up with cops elsewhere in the event that an incident occured somewhere else...but never will I stop at the scene and risk 'grave bodily injury and/or death' at the hands of some violent, out-of-control, idiots! They are not the law and do not have the right to be aggressive and take the law into their own hands...neither do I have any give up any less right to protect myself and/or family in the face of said aggression!

cook4army

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Greenfield, IN
    Personally, regardless of how or why it started, the bikers decided to make it personal by following the SUV. If that had been me...the minute the helmet came through my window, my rounds would have gone through the open window in the opposite direction. I figure if you take one or two of these morons out, even if its a wounding shot, then the rest will either back down and run away...or cause me to prove my accuracy levels to them.

On a side note...I was watching a gun gripe video where one of the guys was talking about 5 important things to keep in your vehicle...one was a long gun, with plenty of ammo. I think a long gun with plenty of ammo might have to be added to my emergency vehicle kit.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    On a side note...I was watching a gun gripe video where one of the guys was talking about 5 important things to keep in your vehicle...one was a long gun, with plenty of ammo. I think a long gun with plenty of ammo might have to be added to my emergency vehicle kit.[/QUOTE]

I did not liked AR pistols in the past but it's a different story now.

Captain Morgan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2012
    terrible haute
    On a side note...I was watching a gun gripe video where one of the guys was talking about 5 important things to keep in your vehicle...one was a long gun, with plenty of ammo. I think a long gun with plenty of ammo might have to be added to my emergency vehicle kit.

Only problem I have with that is I would have to bring it in the house every night and carry it back out to the truck every day. No way in hell would I leave a long gun with a bunch of ammo in my truck overnight. Too damn many break-ins of vehicles around here for me to do that.

onetwoonetwo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2012
    somewhere in the dark

I did not liked AR pistols in the past but it's a different story now.[/QUOTE]

maybe an extra glock and 3 or 4 extra 33 round mags, i know it's not a rifle but a G34 and 5 or 10 33 round mags is quite a bit of self-defense power. just a thought.

Top Bottom