• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What would most likely motivate a terrorist to die trying to kill us?

• Total voters

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Do you see our country devolving into similar types of indoctrination? (to a lesser degree)

I don't see that. I see our kids going to public schools and being taught tolerance for all kinds of things, including Islam. I don't see kids in public schools being taught that it's good and right to kill Muslims. Do you?

The indoctrination I see is in fact the opposite. They're taught that America causes all the problems in the world. They're taught that Islam is a religion of peace. They're taught that capitalism is wrong. They're being indoctrinated alright, but not in any sort of pro-America, anti-America's-enemies sort of way. More like the opposite.

Last edited:

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Do you see our country devolving into similar types of indoctrination? (to a lesser degree)

Since we're not an ethnically-pure society, the sort of indoctrination you're implying doesn't have lasting effect. When we were at war with the British, we hated the British; when we were at war with Spain, we hated the Spanish. During WWI & II we hated the Huns, the Jerries, and the Eyeties; same for WWII, but add the Japs. In Korea and Vietnam there was no national indoctrination against the ethnic enemy, probably because there were so many different ethnicities from which to choose and Communists/Marxists just worked better.

As long as we have a predominant ethnic characteristic with which we can identify people who are attempting to kill us and our children - no matter WHAT the reason - we'll identify the killers and look askance at other potential killers with the same identifying characteristics.

M1 carbine dad

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 16, 2010
    Danville
    Weighing in with my not so evolved position.

It's because their holy book commands it. Moderate Muslims may point to the "peace, love and hippie juice" parts of the Q'uran, but it has an equivalent of Old and New Testament just like the Bible, only in reverse.

However, the Q'uran's flip flop comes about because Muhammed wasn't gaining any traction in Medina with his new ideas. In fact, I believe he was having his arse handed to him. So, he went to Mecca and it was there that the archangel Gabriel told him to go and kill all the Christians and Jews and steal their cattle and all that other "stuff" that is pointed out.

This part of the Q'uran negates and trumps the first part where Muslims are supposed to live in peace with other religions.

Things went south with Islam when they started militaristic operations waaay back in the day of the Crusades. The Crusades was as much a reaction to Muslim attacks as it was to "instill the faith on the faithless" (paraphrasing big time).

Fast forward to "present day". 1946 and the creation of Isreal. Muslims immediately issue a Fatwah and start trying to destroy Isreal. Isreal fights the 6 day war in the 60's against who? Muslims. 1970's, American Embassy workers taken hostage by??? Muslims (mostly for us supporting the Shah). On and on it goes.

So, I say it's a mixture of the Q'uran and Western foreign policy with the Q'uran being the more driving force. I believe that if the West were isolationist and hadn't done any of what we're doing, we'd still be having this fight. It's what that religion does and I don't see the "moderates" having any real effect on it.

just my :twocents:

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Indoctrination.

Even the terrorists themselves don't agree with the answers selected on this poll.

When you provide a bunch of half-assed poll answers, you have to expect half-assed results.

This is why I actually wrote my answer out.

The fact remains that we do not teach our children that killing Muslims is good and right. We do not teach them that they will go to Heaven for murdering others. But millions of Muslims teach their children from day 1 that killing Americans and Jews is good and right.

Your biggest problem is that you can't let go of your own morality when you're looking at others who were raised differently than you and were taught an entirely different set of morals.

It's like trying to understand the criminally insane from the standpoint of rationality. It simply doesn't work because they aren't rational. Their morality is not the same as your morality. Denying that won't change it.

But hey... Keep on burying your head in the sand if it makes you feel better. Keep blaming America first if that's what helps you sleep at night.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Your biggest problem is that you can't let go of your own morality when you're looking at others who were raised differently than you and were taught an entirely different set of morals.

It's like trying to understand the criminally insane from the standpoint of rationality. It simply doesn't work because they aren't rational. Their morality is not the same as your morality. Denying that won't change it.

But hey... Keep on burying your head in the sand if it makes you feel better. Keep blaming America first if that's what helps you sleep at night.

Blaming America first? You forgot 'hating America most'!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    Apparently nothing... I've yet to hear a report of a man strapping a bomb to his chest here in the USA?

OOO there has been some...since most people can see a bomb strapped to your chest they now tried hiding the explosive inside their bodies, also remember underwear bomber, shoe bomber, flying a plane you are on into a building...is there a difference. Many have had bombs in backpacks which I don't see much difference.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County

I get it. You think the ravings of a 'holy book' are more of a motivating factor than the bodies of dead wives and children. Because these people aren't rational.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Blaming America first? You forgot 'hating America most'!

Why would I say 'hating America most"? I don't think you hate America. I think you just blame America for all the world's problems.

I get it. You think the ravings of a 'holy book' are more of a motivating factor than the bodies of dead wives and children. Because these people aren't rational.

You call it "the ravings of a 'holy book'". You use the term "ravings" and put the term "holy book" in quotes, implying it's full of ****. Why do you use those terms? Because they ARE ravings, and they lack rationality. And millions of people on that side of the world point to those ravings and use them as justification to teach their children to hate Americans and to hate Jews, and to teach them that killing Americans and Jews is both good, and right. There is no denying that.

But that said, I don't think the culture is a reflection on Islam. Rather, Islam is a reflection of the culture.

The truth is, the western world has been having problems with people from that region of the world since long before there was Islam. There has been war on the west coming from that region off and on for 2,500 years. I don't blame the religion. I blame the people. If they choose to self-identify as Muslim, and use that as their reason, fine. I'll go with it. But that is simply a convenience. The truth of the matter goes deeper than that.

Last edited:

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    images

images

Just google 'first world problems'. It should give you all the answers you need:D

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    You call it "the ravings of a 'holy book'". You use the term "ravings" and put the term "holy book" in quotes, implying it's full of ****. Why do you use those terms? Because they ARE ravings, and they lack rationality.

Agreed.

And millions of people on that side of the world point to those ravings and use them as justification to teach their children to hate Americans and to hate Jews, and to teach them that killing Americans and Jews is both good, and right. There is no denying that.

Why Americans? There are plenty of other places they could focus their hatred. Does their 'holy book' talk about America specifically? Why didn't Bin Laden target Canada? Do they teach the kids to hate Canada? What about Mexico? Their prophet must have mentioned the U.S. specifically. That is the only explanation for this, if the Koran is the sole motivation.

If they choose to self-identify as Muslim, and use that as their reason, fine. I'll go with it.

But they don't use that as their reason. They use our foreign policy as their reason.

Let me put this simply. Do you think Bin Laden would have targeted the United States for his attacks if we had minded our own business?

If so, why did he flat-out lie about his motivations?

Top Bottom