• ...and so much more!
  • henry0reilly

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 12, 2009
    Montgomery County
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica] I had an old Crescent hammer sxs that I tried for the longest time to get $250 out of. When I was offering it I said, "I can neither confirm nor deny that this was the shotgun Granny used in The Beverly Hillbillies TV show".[/FONT]

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    A guy tried to convince me that his Delta Elite that he was selling, he had used in 'Nam. Got POed when I explained that as well as him looking WAY too young to be in "nam, the gun would not have been available until almost a decade after the war was over.

When I worked at AAC, got a WHOLE SLEW of them:
    1. This IverJohnson .32 has claimed over 7 Nazis.
    2. This (clearly marked Norinco) Winchester lever action shotgun was used in WW1....NO! Seriously!

The list goes on. Funny thing is, working at a range, I thought I would run into it more, but not so much. Only when I worked at AAC, when all the Martinsville and Mooresville folks came in did things get raucus.

JDonhardt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    Two guns were sitting in a safe. One said to the other: "Sure is dark in here."
    The other said: "Oh my God! A talking gun!"

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 6, 2009
    Jasper county
    I was at an indy 1500 a while back, and some guy at a table was trying to get me to buy a way overpriced($180) M91/30 round reciever mosin in fair condition. He was claiming that he shot a 1ft group with it once at 1000yds!!! I just walked away laughing.

n9iui

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I don't know that this story is outrageous, but in 1980 I was a mechanic at a Ford dealer in southern Indiana. One of the other mech's liked to buy, try, then sell stuff.
    He had bought this factory cut-down 20 GA single shot shotgun. It was trying to compete with the Snake Charmer, but I don't remember the brand. He had had it only a couple of months, but he was selling it and two boxes of shells for $20!
    Unfortunately I didn't have the $20, but my brother did and he bought it. We went out and shot up one of the boxes of shells and then he sold the gun and the remaining box of shells to someone else for $40.

INGunGuy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    Jeffersonville, Indiana
    I got all you guys beat...

Ok, here goes, I work for the State of Kentucky as a Network Engineer, and our internal organization, COT, comprises all the tech people for the state. There are somewhere around 350 - 400 people in OUR organization. Ok with that being said. We have had 4 people commit suicide in the last 7 years in our organization alone. One guy shot, and killed himself with a old revolver which was his fathers revolver which he took after his father committed suicide with the same revolver, which his father got after his GRANDFATHER committed suicide with. I thought, holy ****balls, 3 suicides with the same revolver, time to destroy that firearm... Strange really really strange...

INGunGuy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    :n00b:

Ok, here goes, I work for the State of Kentucky as a Network Engineer, and our internal organization, COT, comprises all the tech people for the state. There are somewhere around 350 - 400 people in OUR organization. Ok with that being said. We have had 4 people commit suicide in the last 7 years in our organization alone. One guy shot, and killed himself with a old revolver which was his fathers revolver which he took after his father committed suicide with the same revolver, which his father got after his GRANDFATHER committed suicide with. I thought, holy ****balls, 3 suicides with the same revolver, time to destroy that firearm...

INGunGuy

Or pass it on to the surviving great grandson to carry on the...

YouTube - Family Tradition

:dunno: :n00b:

MarkM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Some guy at walmart was talking to me when he saw my gun. He was telling me about his hi point," I only paid 350 for it and its the same gun the secret service uses". I cried I laughed so hard.

MarkM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Brownsburg
    The guy seemed a few cards short. But I was waiting on my gfs car to get the oil changed and I had to sit outside with my shotgun, I forgot it in the back and they wouldn't work on the car with a gun in it, and he came out of no where and told me about his hi point. Even I couldn't believe what I heard.

RA8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Carmel
    I told my dad that I needed to buy a gun so that I could make sure no one would steal it from me.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana

Ok, here goes, I work for the State of Kentucky as a Network Engineer, and our internal organization, COT, comprises all the tech people for the state. There are somewhere around 350 - 400 people in OUR organization. Ok with that being said. We have had 4 people commit suicide in the last 7 years in our organization alone. One guy shot, and killed himself with a old revolver which was his fathers revolver which he took after his father committed suicide with the same revolver, which his father got after his GRANDFATHER committed suicide with. I thought, holy ****balls, 3 suicides with the same revolver, time to destroy that firearm... Strange really really strange...

INGunGuy
    My B-I-L committed suicide this past Monday. I pick up his revolver from the investigating Detective in a week or so. My BIL's truck is sitting in my front yard, awaiting cleanup.

JustOneMore

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2010
    Franklin
    Some guy at walmart was talking to me when he saw my gun. He was telling me about his hi point," I only paid 350 for it and its the same gun the secret service uses". I cried I laughed so hard.

That is some funny s*#t everyone knows you cant buy hi-points that cheap!:D

Top Bottom